A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator
The A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator is designed as a low-cost, no-noise, compact device for controling audio levels. The A Designs ATTY brings gain control and flexibility to the studio and stage at a highly-affordable price.
The A Designs ATTY Stereo Passive Line is a no-compromise totally transparent passive two-channel line-level attenuator. The A Designs ATTYs attractive price point and tiny footprint (4-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3) makes it a highly versatile and convenient solution for many applications. Suitable for use in any world-class recording facility, the A Designs ATTY can also serve as a cost-effective solution to more than a few problems faced by project studio owners, and is an invaluable addition to just about any live or remote broadcast rig.
The A Designs ATTYs interface is simplicity personified. Housed in a rugged metal enclosure, it has two Neutrik XLR/balanced 1/4 combo jacks and two balanced XLR outputs that deliver noise-free operation. A single convenient knob controls both output channels, and a Mute button lets you easily silence your source without having to change a dialed-in level.
The A Designs ATTYs passive design allows it to be used in a plethora of applications, the most common being control of any line-level output device but wait - theres more! Say youre recording kick drum and snare with an API 3124. The input gain is set at the sweet spot but, due to the APIs hot output, you need a touch of attenuation to protect your converters from clipping, and you dont want to change sound quality by using its pads or record with compression. The A Designs ATTY is the answer. Another useful application is wiring The A Designs ATTY in line with a stereo tube preamp (such as the A-Designs MP-2A) and exploring different in/out level combinations without overloading other gear. Its also a handy device for maintaining level control of powered monitors that have a separate volume control on each speaker. Once you calibrate your monitors to equal levels, you need never touch them again.
Add an A Designs ATTY or two to your live or studio setup today. You wont believe how much bang you get for your buck.
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Features
- 100% passive line attenuator
- Does not color or negatively affect sound quality
- Convenient, one-knob stereo level control
- Transparent, noise-free level control for any line-level source
- Desktop powered monitor control
- Super handy Mute/Panic button prevents speaker-damaging thumps or feedback
- Prevent digital overs caused by high-output preamps
- Control output levels while maintaining high-gain input signal
- Compact size fits easily in small spaces
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Applications
- Line Level Control for the guitar, bass or keyboard amp extension speaker without clipping the A/D (audio-to-digital-converter).
- Line Level Control for the Mic-pre to the A/D.
- Line Level Control for the power amp to any speaker in a series.
- Use multiple units for independent stereo control over Powered Monitors
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Specifications
- Design: Compact for small spaces
- Connectors: 2 x balanced Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks, 2 x balanced XLR outputs
- Casing: Rugged metal casing
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4-1/2'' x 1-1/2'' x 3''
- Weight: 0.7 lbs.
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Includes
- Full Warranty for 1 year
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The A Designs ATTY Stereo Passive Line Attenuator has been an indispensible part of my digital recording chain. A major problem with recording digitally is avoiding the harsh digital distortion that your audio to digital converter can add to the signal as a result of the audio coming in too hot and clipping the converters. Normally to avoid this one would have to turn down the gain of their preamps, resulting in a less than ideal signal to noise ratio. With the ATTY, one can crank their preamps to optimal levels and avoid clipping their digital converters without changing the tone and character of the audio. For under a hundred dollars, you can have a device that optimizes the performance of both your mic preamps and your digital converters. For a small investment you can greatly improve the quality of your recording chain. For the price, their is no reason not to have one or two of these great devices around your studio. Do yourself a favor and pick one of these up right away.