Universal Audio Apollo X16 Heritage Edition Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo X16 Heritage Edition Audio Interface allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
The Heritage Edition of Universal Audio Apollo interfaces, feature additional plug-ins to the already rich set of DSP tools. The Apollo x16 Heritage Edition gives you 10 premium plug-in titles worth over $2,400 — including the full suite of UA's Teletronix, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Helios Type 69, V76, and UA 610 mic preamps, all Pultec EQs, Oxide Tape Recorder, and Pure Plate Reverb.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 20 interface boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB), of any integrated audio interface on the market. Plus, with all-new HEXA Core processing, you’ll get 50% more DSP for running acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time. In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x16 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface’s class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultrapristine signal path. With 133 dB dynamic range and THD+N of -129 dB, the Apollo x16’s open, natural sound quality bests every interface in its class — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x16 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you’re tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW. From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x16 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and many more.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU. With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more, it’s like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x16 offers selectable +24dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x16 offers 18 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 18 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs** via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Universal Audio Apollo X16 Audio Interface Features
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment and pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Switchable +24 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Universal Audio Apollo X16 Audio Interface Includes
- Apollo X16 Audio Interface
- External Power Supply
- IEC Power Cable
- 4 x Rackmount Screws
- 1 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I feel like when I took the dive to UAD my mixes simply got better. Fantastic plugins. The hardware is great. I've been on UAD now for a few years and overall I'm happy with the experience.