The Thermionic Culture Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer takes the traditional Vulture design to a new level, by adding features and functions that not only give you more control over the tonal shaping, but more varieties of tonal shaping.
The Thermionic Culture Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer showcases several inspired new features. The Drive switch has three positions with a +10dB option sitting squarely between "Normal" and "Overdrive", enabling users to make their sounds "a little more crunchy" with increased brightness. Meanwhile, the Drive knob now goes all the way up to 15, rather than the decidedly more conservative Spinal Tap-favoured 11. The Function switch now offers further enhancements including special dynamic tunable mid-lift in the P positions and extra drastically-processed harmonics in the SQ positions. The new unit also has a two position Presence switch as featured on Thermionic Culture's popular Solo Vulture product. The Output Level controls have a -10dB attenuator which can be used in conjunction with Drive +10dB for comparison purposes or just to reduce high levels. The module's line plus DI inputs are balanced while the line plus low level outputs are unbalanced. Five NOS military-grade valves are utilized for long life, low noise, and enhanced performance mirroring The Culture Vulture Mastering Plus.
Thermionic Culture Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer Features
- Even more distortion effects including 3 SQ (“squash”) settings.
- 5 musically tuned sharp dynamic mid lift settings;
- Bias control is more useful than ever before for type of sound and mid lift;
- Extra mid way +10dB setting on Drive switch, before Overdrive (+20dB) ;
- Broad Presence control on + 10 dB position;
- -10dB attenuator enables comparison between the above, or useful to control high levels;
- Extra Output level to easily drive DAWs;
- Transformer balanced line input, unbalanced DI input;
- Unbalanced Hi & Lo outputs for better transparency;
- Line inputs and outputs now on XLRs.;
- Low pass filter to remove unwanted HF overtones;
- Extra low noise. Long life, selected NOS valves, carefully matched for stereo;
- Bypass switches connect Line In direct to Hi output avoiding all electronics;
- Made in England;
Thermionic Culture Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer Specifications
- Distortion (THD) at 4dB: 0.2% to 98&
- Frequency response:
- Normal drive: 40Hz to 18kHz , ±1.5dB
- Overdrive: 50Hz to 11kHz, ±1.5dB
- Max Output Level (MOL):+17dBu, 2% distortion
- Noise: 85dB below MOL
- MOL: +25dBu, 20% distortion.
- Gain (DI input): >65dB
- Line Input: 20k Ω
- DI Input: 50k Ω
- Line Output: 1k Ω
- Lo Output: 4k Ω
Thermionic Culture Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer Includes
- Vulture Stereo Super 15 Valve Enhancer
- IEC Cable
- Warranty Information
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I often enjoy using this as my secret weapon in tracking. It makes every source shine like somebody just turned on the light and could greatly perform as a tube saturator when carefully applying with a little total harmonic distortion setting.