Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack
The Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack is an all-inclusive, full-on production toolkit to get you producing your first songs on your computer or iPad! The UR22 MKII Recording Pack combines a dual-channel audio interface, studio condenser microphone and monitor headphones, including cables, with a full software package — offering a complete, studio-grade quality music production set at an entry level price.
The Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack offers you a complete recording solution. Being the centerpiece of the Recording Pack, the Steinberg UR22 MKII allows you to record and compose music in studio quality on your laptop or iPad. With outstanding audio and build quality for its price class, the Steinberg UR22 MKII combines choice components with advanced connectivity and flexible I/O options to offer a full-on mobile production platform. All A/D and D/A converters offer 24-bit/192 kHz recording quality for professional standards in a compact interface. The Steinberg UR22 MKII also features connections for electric guitars and basses as well as MIDI gear such as drum pads and controllers, offering a wide range of connections within a highly portable, top quality unit.
The ST-M01 Studio Condenser Microphone
Rivaling high-quality studio mics with its clean, smooth response, the ST-M01 studio condenser microphone provides high sensitivity and a wide frequency response range ideal for recording every nuance of your desired audio source. Be it vocals, acoustic guitar or any other instrument, the ST-M01 captures every aspect of the signal in excellent quality. Also included is a low-noise microphone cable to connect the ST- M01 to the Steinberg UR22 MKII.
The ST-H01 Studio Monitor Headphones
The ST-H01 studio monitor headphones provide an accurate, sonically true and neutral signal listening experience, making them the ideal companion for monitoring during recording and accurately reproduce your signals when putting together your final mix. The close-backed design means low bleed levels into the microphone during vocal recording, ideal for singers recording their own vocals.
A Comprehensive Software Set
The Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack also includes a comprehensive software set that has all the tools you need for your production: from the first recording through to the final master.
- Cubase AI - Cubase AI is a powerful music production software combining audio and MIDI recording, editing and mixing in a single, integrated software package. Running on Mac and PC, it is based on the same technologies as Steinberg’s award-winning advanced music production system, Cubase Pro.
- Cubasis LE - Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multi-touch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger sibling, Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE gives you a new freedom when recording, editing and mixing, far off from any music studio.
- WaveLab LE - WaveLab LE offers a suite of audio editing tools tailored to the needs of musicians, small recording environments and podcast authors. Providing basic editing and mastering capabilities, WaveLab LE creates a unique one-stop application for recording and editing right through to online publication via podcast.
Compatible with All Major Recording Software
The Steinberg UR22 MKII is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
Integrate with Your Music
The Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack is a completely integrated system of interlocking components that have been designed and built with one goal: to give you a complete solution that’s easy to use, a one-stop toolkit with everything onboard! And that means that all the components, the audio interface, the microphone, headphones, software — even the cable — have been selected to fit together perfectly. Plug the ST-M01 studio condenser microphone into one of the D-PRE mic preamps, put on the ST-H01 studio headphones, open Cubase AI and hit record — and the whole system is ready and waiting for you to step up to the mic, ready to support you, whatever your talent and whatever your music genre. The drivers mean you have smooth operation even at low latencies, and because they integrate completely with Cubase AI, it’s all plug and play. And if you need to open your Cubase AI projects in a larger version of Cubase, no problem: your projects are compatible with the professional versions running in studios around the world. And the integration goes even further — open import projects you recorded on your iPad with Cubasis LE to Cubase AI to further work with it and after that open the mixdown in WaveLab LE to give it the latest twist in mastering.
The Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack turns your iPad into a full-on professional music production platform. Connect to your iPad with CC Mode using either the Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. The power input socket supplies the included Steinberg UR22 MKII with the electrical voltage needed to run professional equipment such as condenser microphones requiring +48 V phantom power by letting you plug in a USB power adapter or a USB battery pack. And with the included Cubasis LE version for iOS, you can start recording and mixing straight away, with the option to upgrade to the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase.
With Steinberg’s line of USB 2.0 connectivity interfaces, you’ve got it all covered: the UR range comprises a 19” rack-mounted studio solution, a desktop production interface, an ultra-compact mobile unit and an advanced portable production studio — all engineered and crafted to meet the most exacting standards.
- For Producers / Engineers - Outstanding recording quality with 24/192 support and the ability to scale up the number of inputs to cover complex recording situations including large ensembles and bands: the UR824 offers choice components of the finest quality, such as the acclaimed D-PRE mic preamp. DSP-powered monitoring with FX and the included dspMixFx application provide no-latency mixes for performers with reverb, compression and EQ; Cubase owners profit from complete integration, speeding up typical studio workflows considerably. Ultra-low JetPLL jitter sync and word clock round out a feature set conceived expressly for the demands of producers and engineers.
- For Songwriters - The UR series combines a range of features essential to composers and songwriters. If you compose using a MIDI keyboard, synthesizer or guitar, there’s a UR interface with the right set of capabilities for you. All models share the first-class D-PRE mic preamp and Neutrik connectors, assuring crystal quality when recording vocal takes, keyboard instruments and guitars. For songwriters on the move, the bus-powered compact Steinberg UR22 MKII offers a fully mobile audio interface with first-class components and two analog combo inputs, while the ultra-streamlined UR12 offers one D-PRE with the same robust build quality. The UR242 and UR44 each present different I/O options while adding a powerful set of DSP FX features for zero-latency monitoring with FX.
- For Bands - Recording in your rehearsal space, running backing tracks alongside the band during gigs, preproduction for your next album: the UR824, UR44 and UR242 all offer a very attractive feature set for bands and live musicians at various price points. The 19" rack interface UR824 offers eight analog inputs and outputs, while the portability and added MIDI capability of the UR44 and UR242 make either an ideal choice for live gigs. All three interfaces share the hallmarks of the UR series: D-PRE mic preamps, independent headphone outputs, DSP-powered zero-latency monitoring with FX and outstanding sound and component quality.
- For Film Composers - The UR series meets the exacting demands of film composers. A 19" rack unit, the UR824, incorporates eight D-PRE mic preamps and 24/192 support, eight outputs with support for up to 7.1 surround via ASIO, ADAT I/O, word clock sync and much more. The desktop UR28M offers easy switching between three monitor pairs or 5.1 surround output via ASIO as well as digital S/PDIF connectors. For more compact setups, the UR44 offers the same choice components within a portable interface, featuring four inputs and six outputs and MIDI connectivity for controllers and sound generators.
- For Guitarists - With Hi-Z input(s), headphone outputs and latency-free monitoring, the entire UR series offers a feature set tailored to guitarists and bassists. The ultra-compact UR12 and streamlined UR22mkII units are ideal for recording on the road, while the flexible UR242 and expanded UR44 interfaces offer added I/O capability and DSP-based, latency-free monitoring with guitar amp simulations, reverbs and compressors. The UR12, UR22mkII, UR242 and UR44 all feature the acclaimed D-PRE mic preamp, perfect for recording cabs and acoustic guitars with dynamic or condenser mics.
- For Vocalists - The UR12, UR22mkII, UR242 and UR44 interfaces offer a mobile recording platform with all the advantages of the UR series. The D-PRE mic preamp means sumptuously detailed and dynamic sound when recording vocals and acoustic instruments. Neutrik inputs and +48 V phantom power allow connection of both dynamic and high-quality condenser mics. All units also offer zero-latency recording, while the UR242 and UR44 add DSP-powered monitoring with FX, including the REV-X reverb and the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip that allows vocalists to quickly dial in the perfect headphone mix while recording.
- For Beat Producers - Producers working in beat-based music genres will find the perfect production platform in the UR series. The UR22mkII, UR242 and UR44 mobile units all offer independent headphone outputs and combo connectors featuring the acclaimed D-PRE preamp, with all also offering MIDI ports for connecting keyboards and drum pad controllers. Choose between the ultra-streamlined UR12, the compact UR22mkII, the flexible UR242 and the expanded I/O options on the UR44. All four units offer 24/192 recording and playback and include Cubase AI, a compact and upgradable version of Steinberg’s legendary music production system. All UR interfaces offer iOS connectivity for a truly mobile music experience as well as providing access to the wide range of beat production apps available for the iPad and iPhone.
Sharing the same heritage as the highly acclaimed MR816 interfaces, the URs house outstanding converters and D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps. Each interface is completely adapted to your needs while sharing the hallmarks of the UR range: great build quality, stunning sound and flexible, fully integrated capabilities. Ultra-stable drivers for Mac OS X and Windows mean that the entire UR range supports all major recording software applications.
- D-PRE Microphone Preamps - All UR audio interfaces offer D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps from Yamaha. The D-PRE is carefully designed to capture all the subtleties and expressiveness of any audio source and is the culmination of years of development by the experienced engineers at the Yamaha Corporation. The preamp is where sound creation begins in recording, and ultimately determines the quality of your mix. D-PRE Mic Preamps sound stunning, and the difference is in the design. Usually, preamps use one transistor each for the hot and cold signals at the input stage to amplify the signal. However, the D-PREs specified on Steinberg audio interfaces use an inverted Darlington circuit, where two transistors are used for each hot and cold — a total of four per unit. With only one transistor on a preamp circuit, distortion tends to increase along with the signal level. By using a pair of two cascaded transistors, very low distortion can be maintained regardless of signal level. Some users might look for a microphone preamp to dramatically color the sound while others search for a very neutral response. For example, some highly sought after vintage microphone preamps excel at amplifying certain components of a given source, imparting a generous amount of color to the signal. Such a preamp might be great for a vocal recording, however those preamps will not suit every use. D-PRE has a very wide frequency range so that it can handle any music source and it does not overly amplify any specific components of the signal. It’s beautifully tuned to be able to capture the true expression of a given performance or audio source, while leaving flexibility for later editing. The end result is that D-PRE provides a sound that is a perfect amalgamation of understated signal enhancement combined with impeccable sonic integrity. The development team took a lot of time to adjust this subtle balance and the D-PRE sound quality speaks for itself.
- Loopback Function - For easy live streaming of performances to the internet, the Loopback function consolidates all playback tracks and input channels and routes the mix to your internet streaming software. This function is often used by hosts of internet live streaming programs. When the function is active, incoming audio signals such as microphone, guitar or line source will be merged to the playback signal from an audio playback software like Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer. The merged signal will then be send back to the computer for streaming.
- 192 kHz - All components are carefully selected and implemented for full resolution of high-end audio of up to 24-bit/192 kHz. A higher sampling frequency means more samples of the audio source, resulting in better reproduction of the original sound, contributing to the naturalness of audio image and ambience.
- CC Mode - All UR interfaces can be switched to CC (Class Compliant) mode. In this mode the interfaces work with the iPad and iPhone. Combining the UR units with an iOS audio application, such as Steinberg’s Cubasis for iPad, you get a fully mobile audio recording solution.
Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Features
- 24-Bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamp supporting +48V phantom power
- 2 Combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 2), 2 TRS outputs and headphones jack with independent level control
- iPad-ready with CC Mode and additional USB mini socket for power source connection, fully USB powered for Mac and PC
- Zero latency hardware monitoring with Mix balance control
- MIDI input and output
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the Internet
Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Specifications
- Technical Specification:
- Mic Input 1/2 (Balanced):
- Frequency Response: +0.1/-0.3 dB, 20 Hz – 22 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB, A-Weighted
- THD+N: 0.0035 %, 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 22 Hz/22 kHz BPF
- Maximum Input Level: +4 dBu
- Input Impedance: 4 kO
- Gain Range: +6 dB – +60 dB
- Line Input 1/2 (Balanced):
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 kO
- Gain Range: -14 dB – +40 dB
- HI-Z Input 2 (Unbalanced):
- Maximum Input Level: +8.5 dBV
- Input Impedance: 1 MO
- Gain Range: -0.7 dB – +53.3 dB
- Line Output 1/L 2/R (Impedance Balanced):
- Frequency Response: +0.1/-0.3 dB, 20 Hz – 22 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB, A-Weighted
- THD+N: 0.005 %, 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 22 Hz/22 kHz BPF
- Maximum Output Level: +10 dBu
- Output Impedance: 150 O
- Maximum Output Level: 6 mW+6 mW, 40 O
- Specification: USB2.0, 24 bit, 44.1 kHz/48 kHz/88.2 kHz/96 kHz/176.4 kHz/192 kHz
- XLR Input:
- Polarity: 1; Ground, 2; Hot (+), 3; Cold (-)
- Mic Input 1/2 (Balanced):
- General Specifications:
- Power Requirements: 2.5 Watt
- Dimensions: 159 (W) x 46 (H) x 159 (D) mm
- Net Weight: 1030 g
- System Requirements:
- Mac OS X: 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13
- CPU: Intel Dual Core
- OS: Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
- CPU: Intel or AMD Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free HD Space: 4 GB
- Drive: CD-ROM Drive
- USB Port: 2.0/3.0 Port (Tested with Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller)
- CC Mode: Requires iOS 9 (or Higher) on iOS Device
- Internet Connection: Required for Installation, Activation, Account Setup and Personal / Product Registration
Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Includes
- Steinberg UR22 MKII Main Unit
- Tools for UR22mk11 CD-ROM
- Getting Started Guide
- Cubase Al Download Information (Printed)
- USB Cable
- ST-M01 Studio Condenser Microphone with Low-Noise Microphone Cable
- ST-H01 Studio Monitor Headphones
- Cubase AI software and WaveLab LE Software (Download Version) for Mac and PC as well as Cubasis LE DAW App for iOS
- 1 Year Warranty
Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Downloads
- Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Operation Manual (PDF)
- Steinberg UR22 MKII Recording Pack Getting Started Guide (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review