The SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer provides a sophisticated yet intuitive system for enhancing and shaping your mixes. With saturation, compression, filtering, and more - the tools the SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer offers will provide glue, life, and dimension to your audio.
The SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer is designed for discerning applications in professional mixing, mastering and restoration. All effect intensities, potentiometer values and characteristics are optimized for refined requirements. The sound processing of the Tube Vitalizer is split into two sections: On the left hand you find the controls of the Vitalizer-circuitry and the compressors. The right side features the tube section, which can be used independently of the Vitalizer-section as a high quality, low-noise tube-line preamp.
With the SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer you can chose between familiar RC filters (condensers) or the often very interesting, warmer sounding LC filters (coils) for filtering bass and high frequencies. The sonic differences are similar to those of tubes compared to semi-conductors - sometimes even more dramatic. LC filters can saturate in a similar way to tubes, producing a pleasant harmonic structure. LC filters activate a passive coil network which is integrated into the active filter path. Bass processing for example results in a subjectively more powerful sound with more sustain. LC filters not only affect the Bass section, but also the mid-damping behaviour of the Hi-Mid Tune so that low-mid frequencies in particular benefit from it. The sound often gets more punch and directness. An LC filter can also be added to the high frequency filtering to improve presence in the mid-range, which is ideal for vocals. Especially in mastering applications the LC filters add another tonal dimension to your processing repertoire.
The SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer is equipped with both electronically balanced solid-state and tube output stages, and you can switch from solid-state to tube operation by the push of a button. Now you can add tube sound to your mix and directly compare it with the solid-state sound. One of the Vitalizer's main features is the unmasking of overlapping sounds. The way it works is, in principle, opposite to the way compression formats (MP3, etc.) do: instead of deleting allegedly unnecessary information, it enhances it.
SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer Features
- The Tube Vitalizer is built using the finest components. High quality ALPS potentiometers combine reliability with an excellent tactile response, and the mechanism has enough resistance to make unintentional movement unlikely.
- Stylish and practical VU meters show either input or output levels, making it easy to compare levels when extensive filtering is required. The Tube Vitalizer is equipped with both XLRs & stereo jacks for balanced operation. We use the new SSM precision input & output stages which feature laser-trimmed resistors, providing a common mode rejection of better than 87 dB. Mono-jacks may be used for unbalanced operation without level change.
SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer Specifications
- Input & Output
- Instrumentation amplifier, electronically balanced (differential), transformerless
- Nominal input level: +6 dB
- Input impedance: = 22 kOhms
- Output impedance: < 600 Ohms
- Max. input level: +24 dBu
- Max. output level: +22,4 dBu
- Minimum load ohms: 600 Ohms
- Relay Hard Bypass
- Frequency response (without tubes): 10 Hz - 100 kHz (100 kHz = -3 dB)
- Frequency response (with tubes): 30 Hz - 100 kHz (30kHz=-3dB)
- CCMR (common mode rejection):- 100 dBu at 1 kHz
- THD & N: 0,002% at 1 kHz
- S/N (CCIR 468-3): -83 dBu
- S/N (A-weighted): -89 dBu
- Power Supply
- Toroidal transformer: 35 VA
- Fuse (primary): 500 mA (230V); 1A (115V)
- Fuse (secondary): 315 mA (230V); 630 mA (115V)
- Ground-Lift switch
- Voltage selector
- Power Fail Safety
- Dimensions & Weight
- Standard EIA 19"/2U
- 19"x3.46"x9,33" (WxHxD)
- Weight: 4.9 kg; 10.8lbs
SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer Includes
- Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer
- Power Cable
- Two Year Warranty
SPL Tube Vitalizer Patented Enhancer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review