Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor
The Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor was designed on the foundation of the original SSL 4000B console Bus Comp, released in 1976. The Bus+ builds on that iconic legacy to provide the ultimate and most flexible, versatile Bus comp available. Featuring advanced processing tool and several variable tonal coloration characters (from clean and punchy to gritty and grungy), and parallel compression blending, the Bus+ is a powerhouse processor!
The Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor is a new 2U rack unit that builds on the original bedrock design of the Bus Compressor, which first appeared on SSL's 4000 B console in 1976. Remaining faithful to the original circuit design, THE BUS+ features 2181 THAT VCA's in its audio path and offers the classic time constants and compression ratios which have glued records together for over four decades. Analyzing feedback from key-users and looking at modern production workflow, including how the plug-in equivalents are being utilized, several new processing tools and sonic colouration options feature on THE BUS+ including, four modes of operation: Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono and Mid-Side, and three distinct compression colours: LOW THD, F/B and 4K MODE. New time constant settings, including ‘Auto 2’ and compression ratios are also added to the THE BUS+ to create ‘the compressor package’.
Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor Features
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side.
- The authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit, including 2181 THAT VCAs for superior analogue performance.
- 100% analogue circuit, controlled digitally using stepped front-panel pots
- Three distinct compression colours: LOW THD Mode, F/B Mode, 4K Mode.
- Negative Ratios - for creative pumping effects and control of particularly loud signals.
- New Attack and Release options, including the new 'Auto 2' setting.
- MIX control for instant parallel compression.
- External side-chain inputs and sends.
- An all-new, powerful 2-band analogue Dynamic EQ (D-EQ).
- Unlockable Transient Expander.
Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor Specifications
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 60 Ω
- Frequency Response: ±0.01 dB < 2 Hz to > 180 kHz
- THD+N: -88 dB / 0.004% typical
- Noise: -90 dBu typical
- Dynamic Range: 117.5 dB
- Make-Up Gain Precision: < 0.003 dB
- Stereo Matching:
- < 0.02 dB (In, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu)
- < 0.1 dB (Dual Mono, any setting gain reduction
- * Specs listed are rated for Compressor Engaged.
Solid State Logic Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor Includes
- Bus+ Stereo Buss Compressor
- Power Cable
- Warranty Information
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review