sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones
The sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones include two sE8 Mics as stereo pair for identical performance and the highest possible mic-to-mic consistency. This brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser matched pair is intended for a wide range of studio and live sound applications.
The sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones include a matched-pair of sE8 Mic to let you assured that your stereo image will be as clear & accurate as possible. As with all of the sE Electronics factory-matched pairs, every mic ending up in a sE8 Stereo Pair configuration is hand-selected from hundreds of individual microphones. This ensures identical performance and the highest possible mic-to-mic consistency.
The sE Electronics sE8 Microphone's new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it's never harsh or aggressive - perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads.
The sE Electronics sE8 is also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet - and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE Electronics sE8 is ready for any sounds youre making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
Thanks to its custom design, hand-crafted true condenser capsule, and transformerless output, the sE Electronics sE8 delivers pristine sound quality and an even, well-balanced frequency response.
Handcrafted True Condenser Capsule
The sE Electronics sE8's gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability. Handcrafted and individually tuned in sE Electronics factory, the capsule has an ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics. Ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm offers superior transients and newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response. Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components, the sE Electronics sE8 avoids coloration in demanding applications.
The Quietest Pencil Mic in Its Class
The sE Electronics sE8 Microphone's sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits. Featuring transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity, the sE Electonics sE8 incorporates proven Class-A circuitry to ensure a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response.
Two Switchable Pre-Attenuation Pads
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
Two Switchable Low-Cut Filters
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Design & Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some small-capsule microphones, the sE Electronics sE8's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come.
The sE Electronics sE8 Matched Pair comes complete with a precision stereo mounting bar, two protective wind screens, two mic clips, and a robust high-quality metal flight case.
sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones Features
- Matched pair ensures identical performance and the highest possible mic-to-mic consistency
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
- Every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in the sE Electronics factory
- Ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- Ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
- Newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
- Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- Avoids coloration in demanding applications
- Sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- Transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity
- Proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
- Two switchable pre-attenuation -10 dB and -20 dB pads provide extended dynamic range
- Two switchable low-cut filters to eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise
- All metal-housing high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connectors
sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones Specifications
- Capsules: Hand-crafted small diaphragm true condenser capsules
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa (-32 dBV)
- Max. SPL (0.5% THD): 139 / 149 / 159 dB
- SPL: (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 13 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 81 dB
- Low Cut Filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 110 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 2.7 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions (Per Microphone): Diameter 23 mm (0.91 in.), Length 120 mm (4.72 in.)
- Weight (Per Microphone): 141 g (4.97 oz.)
sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones Includes
- Pair of sE Electronics sE8 Microphones
- 2 x Mic Clips (with thread adapters)
- 2 x Wind Screens
- 1 x Stereo Bar
- 1 x Robust Metal Case
- 3 Year Warranty
sE Electronics sE8 SP Small Diaphragm Microphones Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The reviews are right. They are a must have!!