The Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ is perfect for stereo bus or mastering applications, providing broad stroke EQ'ing in a very clean, yet musical manner.
Regular John Recording has been hand-building custom high end outboard recording equipment since 2007. With hundreds of very satisfied customers on four continents, RJR gear has been used by everyone from hobbyists to Grammy-winning producers and engineers. The Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ is no different, bringing high-end components, features, and sound quality for all your buss and mastering applications.
One feature that separates the RJR BAX not just from other baxandall equalizers, but also from just about every other eq that has fixed frequency selections, is that it employs a toggle switch bank for frequency selection rather than a standard knob-based rotary switch. While at first this may seem odd, it actually grants the user some liberties that would otherwise not be available with a regular rotary switch.
The first is that it is possible to select more than one frequency setting at a time for each of the high and low bands. Choosing multiple frequencies at once will result in a new frequency that is lower than the lowest of the frequencies selected. There are a ton of different possible combinations, use your ears and see what's possible!
The other unique quirk that a switch bank allows is that it is possible to select no frequency. For the low band, selecting no frequency removes all filtering action from the low band, resulting in a full range boost/cut control. For the high band, selecting no frequency disables the high band's boost/cut control. Each could potentially be useful for special effect type applications.
Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ Features
- 100% recallability with stepped controls throughout
- Extremely clean and transparent audio path
- Extremely low noise floor
- Perfect for tone shaping without changing the sonic character of source audio
- 4mm thick anodize aluminum front panel with black infill engravings
- 2mm thick aluminum rear panel with non-filled engravings
- All aluminum chassis
- ELMA 24 position rotary switches for Boost/Cut controls
- 6 position rotary switches for Frequency Selectors
- 4 button push bank for Low Cut Filter
- WIMA film capacitors
- Low ESR Panasonic FC Electrolytic capacitors
- Metal Film Resistors
- High Speed LME49710 opamps
- C0G NP0 ceramic capacitors
Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ Specifications
- High, Mid, and Low Boost/Cut amounts: +/- 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6, and 8 dB
- Six High Frequency Selections: 9kHz, 13kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz, 27kHz, and 40kHz
- Six Mid Frequency Selections: 200Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 2kHz, 4kHz, and 7kHz
- Six Low Frequency Selections: 20Hz, 30Hz, 40Hz, 60Hz, 85Hz, and 120Hz
- Four Position Low-Cut Filter @ 6dB/octave: Off, 10Hz, 20Hz, and 40Hz
- Input Impedance: greater than 10k ohms
- Output Impedance: less than 50 ohms
- Noise Floor: below -90dBu
- Input AC: 110V-120V
Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ Includes
- Regular John Recording BAX Stereo Mastering EQ
- Power Cable