M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor
The M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor is a 5 inch powered studio reference monitor designed to deliver superior mix performance. Unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion, the BX5 D3 facilitates the freedom to mix with confidence.
The M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor is the latest addition to the M-Audio BX family and the most powerful model to date. Optimized for a smooth and natural listening experience, the M-Audio BX5 D3 is perfect for professionals, beginners, and everyone in between.
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, the M-Audio BX5-D3’s 5-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.” M-Audio BX5- D3’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX5-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). M-Audio BX5-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the M-Audio BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, M-Audio BX5-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from their drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The M-Audio BX5-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, they understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the M-Audio BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to M-Audio BX5-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of M-Audio BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the M-Audio BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, M-Audio BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, M-Audio BX5-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Features
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” Natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Specifications
- Type: 2-Way Near-Field Studio Reference Monitor
- Low Freq. Driver: 5 inch (127mm) Kevlar Curved Cone with High Temperature Voice Coil and Damped Rubber Surround. Magnetically Shielded
- High Freq. Driver: 1 inch (25mm) Magnetically Shielded Natural Silk Dome
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Low Freq. Amplifier Power: 60W
- High Freq. Amplifier Power: 40W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110 dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- Input Sensitivity: -10dBU
- Input Connectors: 1x XLR Balanced Input Connector 1x TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Input Connector
- Input Impedance: 10kO Balanced, 20kO Unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive Signal at + Input Produce Outward LF Cone Displacement
- Protection: RF Interference, Output Current Limiting, Over Temperature, Turn On/Off Transient, Subsonic Filter, External Mains Fuse
- Power: Voltage; 100–120V, 50/60 Hz / 220–240V, 50/60 Hz, Consumption; 100W
- Fuse: 220–240V~ T1AL 250V / 100–120V~ T1.6AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176 x 197 x 254 mm
- Weight: 12.3 lbs, 5.6kg
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Includes
- M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor (Single)
- Power Cable
- Acoustic Foam Pad
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Downloads
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Studio monitors are generally used to produce a flat of a sound as possible for mixing. As you might expect with a 5" speaker there won't be very much bass, so that makes it a little tricky to mix bass heavy music. Everything with the speakers was fine until somehow it started making a loud static noise whenever changing the volume. It was pretty unbearable and too expensive to fix.
I bought these monitors used, and I just cant believe the sound and clarity that I get from it. Absolutely recommended
Surprisingly equal bass response for their diameter. M-Audio doesn't get much respect these days it seems, but I really dig these monitors. A+
These monitors are AMAZING. For a low budget studio are perfect. Great sound. I use them for almost 2 years and i am more than satisfied. They offer clear sound, high, medium and great bass. Real sound. Don't trust any bad reviews on the internet, at this price, these monitors are the best buy. Thx FEA for the best products and prices!