The Image Line Morphine Virtual Instrument is a powerful Additive Synthesizer with a logical, flexible architecture that allows you to create any sound. You can do this directly by adjusting harmonics manually or by taking any input sample and resynthesizing it into one of 4 independent voices.
The Image Line Morphine Virtual Instrument is an Additive Synthesizer with quite a few 'twists'. Additive synthesis creates sound entirely from sine wave harmonics and at first this may seem like a major limitation. However, Fourier Theory teaches us that any waveform can be decomposed into an infinite series of sine-waves, a harmonic series. That means the Image Line Morphine can still create all your Subtractive Synthesis favorites: Square, Saw and Sine waves. It gets better, Image Line Morphine can also reproduce the complexity found in real sounds by smoothly interpolating a series of these harmonic 'snapshots', in real-time, to generate what is best described as 'synthetic samples'. In this way, programming the Image Line Morphine will feel familiar to anyone who has used a Sampler, with the ability to assign sounds across the keyboard and to create crossfades, stacks or blends of any sound/s as desired; welcome to Image Line Morphine!
Additive Synthesis has been considered one of the most desirable ways to emulate real instruments or to create new sounds. However, Additive Synthesis has proved both technically and conceptually difficult to implement, requiring expensive computational algorithms and hardware.
Morphine Changes Everything!
The Image Line Morphine introduces a minor revolution to the world of Additive Synthesis. With low CPU usage algorithms that retain a warm sound without sacrificing articulation accuracy, and a flexible architecture, the Image Line Morphine moves instantly to the top of its class.
So what makes the Image Line Morphine a revolution? Image Line Morphine’s 128 harmonic oscillator engine is fully optimized for producing a high quality, warm sound, with ground shaking bass and crystal clear high frequencies. Based on complex, full 32 bit mathematics, with no internal sampling to avoid interpolation noises so the Image Line Morphine retains that 'analog' quality. The oscillators are also optimized for fast amplitude and frequency modulation response for accurate tone reproduction. The oscillator engine is not the only thing that makes the Image Line Morphine sound so great. With an infinite number of harmonic snapshots 'per-spectrum', and the ability to map a unique spectra for each note, you can generate a realistic and balanced sound over the entire keyboard range.
Additionally, the four Generator Sources can be morphed via the in-built mix/morph envelope or from an external MIDI controller. Combined with the four independent multipoint modulation envelopes, assignable to many internal parameters, you can achieve any sound, just like you imagined it. As an ‘Easter-egg’ for the sound designers among you, the Image Line Morphine provides unison and comb/pulse width filter modulation of the harmonics directly, adding even more motion to the sound.
Be inspired. Resynthesis allows you to capture a complete spectrum from any audio sample, for accurate emulation of real instruments, or as a starting point for something completely new, using the in-built editing tools. Unlike the resynthesis of other additive synthesizers, the Image Line Morphine provides total control so the resynthesized sounds are as close to the original sample as possible.
You're a talented musician, full of great ideas, but you're still skeptical, right? So, what sounds can the Image Line Morphine really make? Anything! Complex evolving pads, deep basses, acoustic instruments, synthetic leads and keyboards are all possible using the advanced resynthesis features and intuitive interface. However, musical creativity doesn’t guarantee you care about making your own sounds from scratch. Good news here too, the Image Line Morphine ships with 290 high-quality presets covering a vast range of music styles. But, you don't have to take our word for it, download the demo and let your own ears be the judge.
Next to the VSTi & AudioUnits version we have developed a bi-platform minihost that allows you to enjoy the Image Line Morphine without using a sequencer or host. You can just start it as a standalone application and play it with your midi or PC keyboard.
Image Line Morphine Virtual Instrument Features
- High quality sound engine optimized for low CPU usage and fast amplitude and frequency modulation response
- 4 Independent “Generators” per voice
- Keyboard layering with 128 unique Keyboard Zones
- Unlimited number of harmonic “snapshots” (breakpoints) per spectrum
- Amplitude, Detune, Panning control for all harmonics
- Filtering and Velocity response for each Generator source
- Highly CPU optimized, accurate Resynthesis allowing emulation of audio samples with high precision
- Manual override options for the resynthesis process to achieve most accurate emulations
- Ability to import waveshapes from audio file
- Variable-time control for spectra, mix/morph envelopes (can also be linked to key number, velocity or any other controller)
- 4 PWM Filters (spectral emulation of comb filtering, unison or pulse-width)
- Additional generator that allows any Noise Sample audio file to be mixed with the synthesized sound, complete with filtering
- Morphing path, morphs harmonics in real-time, controlled internally or from external modulation source/s.
- Morphing Square, mixes the 4 Generator sources with a single convenient interface
- 4 Multipoint (EG) envelopes can be routed to many internal Morphine controls
- 1 to 32 Note polyphony, user selectable
- ADSR master envelope
- Velocity response is adjustable
- Up to 5 built-in simultaneous effects: Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Equalizer, Distortion
- Attractive, user friendly interface, developed through 1000’s of man-hours testing and development
- 340 High quality factory sounds
Image Line Morphine Virtual Instrument Specifications
- System Requirements:
- Windows: XP (SP2), Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 - (32 & 64 Bit)
- CPU: 2GHZ AMD or Intel Pentium 3 Compatible CPU with Full SSE1 Support
- RAM: 512MB
- Free Disc Space: 30MB
- Soundcard Compatibility: DirectSound or ASIO Compatible Soundcard
- OSX: v10.4 (Universal Binary)
- CPU: G4 1.5 GHz or Intel Core Duo Family
- RAM: 512MB
- Free Disc Space: 30MB
- CoreAudio Drivers: Yes
Image Line Morphine Virtual Instrument Includes
- License Key
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review