Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer
The Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer is a Tilt-type Equalizer aimed mainly at mix and mastering – for the situations where you have a mix that is already nearly-perfect balanced, but you want it a tad darker or brighter without messing up the overall definition.
The Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer is an elaboration of Gyraf Audio's G23 Tilt-type Equalizer, where they added a selectable option for either solid-state or tube audio path.
The Gyraf Audio G23-S is an updated version of Gyraf Audio G23 – now including an option for selection between all-solid-state technology or classic tube circuitry. Gyraf Audio added an additional step to the bypass switch - marked "S" - which instantly shifts you into solid-state land: Inputs become differential instrumentation type in stead of transformer, active equalizer stage gets controlled by a state-of-the-art opamp, and output stage gets servo-balanced in stead of tube/transformer drive.
Designed around a highly linear 1dB/oct slope filter, so that rotating the tilt control will tilt an almost ruler-straight response curve, to a maximum steepness of 1dB/Oct. What sets it apart from all other tilt EQ designs is that Gyraf Audio designed it around a highly linear 1dB/oct slope filter, so that rotating the tilt control will tilt an almost ruler-straight response curve, to a maximum steepness of 1dB/Oct. So what you acheive in the 1dB/Oct tilt function is to "spread out" or distribute the "needed" phase roll across the whole spectrum, meaning that at any given interval, only minute amounts of group delay is apparent. In total, it allows quite some correction without sounding "Eq'ed". And because you'd occasionally want to correct outer ends of spectrum, they have added a gentle Baxandall tone control, shelving lows and highs, wide-Q bell mid, each at three selectable frequencies, that they spent quite some time optimizing.
Gentleness and subtlety were main design targets here: Nothing anywhere near surgical: Tilt and Highs at +/-4dB, mids at +/-2dB, and lows at +/-6.5dB.
Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer Features
- A Tilt-type Equalizer aimed mainly at mix and mastering
- Option for selection between all-solid-state technology or classic tube circuitry
- Designed around a highly linear 1dB/oct slope filter
- Gentleness and subtlety are G23-S design targets
Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer Specifications
- Topology: Pure Class-A
- Inputs: Floating, Transformer Balanced
- Input Impedance: 10K Ohm "Bridging" Type, 24K Ohm Servo-Balanced
- Input/Output Connectors: Standard XLR Jacks, Pin 2 Hot
- Outputs: Floating, Transformer Balanced
- Source Impedance: < 500 Ohms, Servo-Balanced at < 50 Ohm
- Optimum Operating Levels: Around +4dBu
- Operating Voltages: 220-230V AC, 35W, US Version; 110-120VAC
- Mains Fuse: 630mA Slow-Blow Type, US Version; 630mA Slow-blow (“T”) Type
Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer Includes
- Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer
- Power Cord
- 4 x Rubber Feet
- User Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Gyraf Audio G23-S Equalizer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review