Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller
The Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller is a less expensive analog only version of the Grace Design m905. The m905 Analog was designed from the ground up to be the best possible monitor controller - period!
The Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller delivers all of the performance of the standard Grace Design m905, only without the built in DAC. This system is offered for users who already have an investment in DACs, whether stand-alone or built into their interface. The Grace Design m905 system configuration is exactly the same, with all the same great monitoring features, except no digital inputs and an second pair of balanced analog inputs. The Grace Design m905 Analog brings this world class performance into reach of almost any engineer or recording studio. Also, users can always upgrade their Grace Design m905 Analog to the Digital version at anytime.
The Grace Design m905 High Fidelity Stereo Monitor System is Grace Design's second generation stereo monitor controller, engineered from the ground up to provide unrivaled sonic purity with a comprehensive and powerful feature set. The m905 represents a new benchmark for audio playback quality. Meticulous analog circuitry measures with outstanding numbers in dynamic range, distortion and noise performance, ensuring bracingly open, detailed and musical playback of any input source.
All main audio and power supply circuitry is housed in a 2U rack mount mainframe, while system control is managed by a sleek, ergonomic remote control unit. This new RCU is a combination of dedicated hardware and a color graphical LCD display. All primary monitoring features are accessed via hardware switches and a rotary encoder, while all system information is presented by the graphic LCD and illuminated switches. This hybrid design allows for the solid feel and function of traditional hardware with the added power and functionality of a graphical user interface.
The GUI is designed so that any engineer unfamiliar with the Grace Design m905 can use the system immediately and confidently. Then with a minimal time investment, advanced functions can be accessed and controlled with ease. Additional features include: naming individual inputs and speaker outputs, calibrating level offsets of any input and output, setting preset levels, and much more. The setup menus only ever drill down one level, so the main operating screen is always one button away. And when returning to any previously visited setup menu, its previous edit status is remembered, keeping redundant navigation and editing to a minimum.
With stunning sonic performance and timeless design, the Grace Design m905 is a mark of genuine progress in the pursuit of high quality audio production. Intuitive, reliable and beautiful, it is the perfect studio centerpiece - home base for your ears, eyes and hands.
Special Note: The Grace Design m905 Analog only version includes a simplified remote cable that does not carry headphone signal to the RCU. To enable the headphone output on the RCU just upgrade to the premium remote cable when ordering.
Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller Features
- Analog inputs - unbalanced, balanced, CUE, talkback mic (additional balanced input available on the m905 Analog)
- Audio circuitry designed for completely transparent and musical playback performance
- Hybrid RCU with hardware switches, large level encoder and graphical LCD
- LCD display shows input, level, output, SPL and a full calibration menu
- RCU includes built in microphone for talkback and onboard SPL meter
- SPL meter features include level, peak, fast and slow modes, A & C weighting
- Precision .5 dB step level control for speakers and headphones
- Reference headphone amplifier circuitry, with outputs on both the RCU and ACU
- Headphone Amplifer Crossfeed Circuit accurately emulates listening to speakers as in a room
- Dedicated mono, dim, mute and sub mute switches
- Mono mode can be set to L+R summed, L only in both channels, or R only in both channels
- L solo, R solo, L-R and sub solo modes are available
- 3 available stereo speaker outputs, with two assignable mono sub outputs (or single stereo sub output)
- Multi-mode SUB/ DAC/ METER out
- SUB out mode for stereo or multiple mono subwoofer outputs
- METER out mode fed by selected input signal (digital or analog), configurable with a fixed level or to follow
- the monitor level
- Detachable RCU tilt base
Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller Specifications
- ANALOG I/O:
- THD+N at Maximum Volume, 1kHz, 22Hz-22kHz BW:
- +20dBu Out: <0.0008%
- +10dBu Out: <0.0008%
- 0dBu Out: <0.002%
- Intermodulation Distortion SMTPE/DIN 4:1 50Hz, 7kHz:
- @+20dBu Out: <0.002%
- @ 0dBu Out: <0.0015%
- Frequency Response:
- Balanced Inputs: +/-3dB 3Hz to 1.25MHz
- Unbalanced Input: +/-3dB 3Hz to 275kHz
- Dynamic Range:
- 20-22kHz Bandwidth: 118dB
- 20-22kHz Bandwidth & A Weighting Filter: 121dB
- Output Noise:
- 20-22kHz Bandwidth, at -20dB Gain: -99dBu
- 20-22kHz Bandwidth & A Weighting Filter, at -20dB Gain: -102dBu
- Phase Deviation:
- 20Hz to 20kHz:
- 10Hz to 100kHz: < 19 Degrees
- Crosstalk Any Channel:
- 100Hz: <104dB
- 1kHz: <100dB
- 20kHz: <79dB
- Balanced Input CMRR:
- 60Hz: >90dB
- 1kHz: >85dB
- 10kHz: >70dB
- Gain Range: -104dB to +13dB
- Channel Tracking Accuracy: Any channel +/-0.1dB
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu
- Maximum Input Level:
- Balanced Inputs: +29dBu
- Unbalanced Inputs: +21dBu
- Balanced Inputs: 88k Ohms
- Unbalanced Inputs: 53k Ohms
- Balanced Outputs: 300 Ohms
- Minimum Load Impedance: 300 Ohms
- External Talkback Mic Preamp Gain: +7dB to +70dB in 1dB steps
- THD+N at Maximum Volume, 1kHz, 22Hz-22kHz BW:
- Power Supply / General:
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Input Voltage: 50-60Hz, 100VAC - 240VAC
- Main Chassis IEC 2U: 3.5" x 10.5" x 17"
- Remote Control Unit: 8.9" x 5.1" x 2.2"
- Main Chassis: 7.8lbs
- Remote Control Unit: 2.2lbs
Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller Includes
- 1 x Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller
- 1 x Ethernet Cable
- 2 x Serial Adapter Jacks
- 1 x AC Power Cable (6 Feet Length)
- 1 x Carrying Bag
- 4 x Rubber Feet
- 4 x Rack Screws
- Owner’s Manual
- 5 Year Warranty
Grace Design m905 Analog Monitor Controller Downloads
What We Think
The Grace Design m905 is pretty much the final word in monitor controllers. The big-brains at Grace have spent a respectable career making some of the finest professional audio designs ever made. And if you've created a stable full of products of the ilk common to all of Grace Design's wares, then you could probably rest on your laurels and coast a while... but not the folks at Grace. The m905 marks several leaps forward in regards to both analog and digital purity, ergonomic design, and seamless integration. The m905 handles every possible stereo scenario that you can throw at it in regards to digital format... and with stunningly pure audio (ahem...) grace. High Resolution PCM or even DSD, the m905's digital integration handles it. For total hi-fi purists looking to use their PC or Mac as an audio server, USB connectivity allows for cutting out the middle man, and delivers the goods directly (though some ASIO and driver dinking may be in order - but that's not that big of a deal, really; we'll help you get through it if you need it). For the user who simply will be feeding analog signals to the m905 (or for those of you who need a little easier entry way into such a premium monitor controller), Grace now offers the Grace Design m905 Analog, designed to allow the addition of the m905 DAC Upgrade Kit at a later date. If sonic accuracy, excellent design, and fantastic support with good humor and a smile are what you look for in a monitor controller, then the Grace Design m905 is just what the doctor ordered.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I replaced a consumer level monitor controller with the m905. Audio memory being what it is, it's hard to say definitively what the difference is, but what I CAN say definitively, is that there IS a difference. I feel like it is easier to know which changes to make in a mix, and that my mixes are translating more predictably. I should have bought this years ago.