Dynaudio BM15A Studio Monitors
The Dynaudio BM15A Studio Monitors are a a powerful near to mid-field monitor with full range extended bass and exceptionally high performance! The BM15A combines Dynaudio's custom drivers, high performance amplifiers and phase-aligned crossover to give you real-world dynamics and a true sense of space along with incredibly realistic vocal reproduction.
Like all Dynaudio monitors, the Dynaudio BM15A is completely custom-designed and built to assure a perfect match of components. The drivers are specifically designed to avoid acoustic and performance problems that would require extensive manipulation of crossovers to correct. The cabinets are crafted in Dynaudio's Denmark facility and minimize resonance while enhancing bass response. And the BM15A's crossovers, protection circuitry and power amplifiers all are optimized for maximum performance, phase-coherent reproduction and high SPLs.
A 10" woofer that outperforms most 12" drivers
Key to the Dynaudio BM15A is its 10" low frequency driver. Dynaudio molds its cone of Magnesium Silicate Polymer with their special "flat cone" geometry for outstanding transient response and minimal breakup. With a cast aluminum frame, oversized vented magnet and 4" aluminium alloy voice coil this driver outperforms most 12" speakers in terms of power output and sheer punch. In fact, the Dynaudio BM15A delivers clean, tight bass response down to 30Hz.
Even, peak-free response from silk dome tweeter
The Dynaudio BM15A's ESOTEC high frequency driver spells quality and headroom due to a dynamic headroom of 1000 watts. Its soft dome of specially coated silk provides excellent response with no ringing or resonances.
Master-built bass reflex cabinet
Also built in Dynaudio's plant, the Dynaudio BM15A enclosure is constructed of hand-selected premium woods and quality veneers. Its front bass port contributes to the BM15A's solid low frequencies. Radius edges on the front baffle reduce boundary effects and improve the overall sound quality. And with its elegant matte finish the BM 15A looks every bit as good as it sounds!
Precision electronics for the cleanest possible signal
Thanks to its custom-designed phase-coherent electronic crossover with a 30dB per octave slope the Dynaudio BM15A offers a seamless transition between drivers. You've got plenty of power from the built-in high performance discrete MOSFET amplifiers, with 200 watts for the low frequency driver and 100 watts for highs. Precision protection circuitry ensures the drivers are safe from damage. If you demand ultimate quality in sound reproduction you don't want to miss the BM15A!
Dynaudio BM15A Studio Monitors Feature
- Dual, high performance discrete MOSFET amplifiers
- Phase-aligned crossover
- Handcrafted drivers with aluminum voice coils
- Active nearfield monitor with 10" woofer and 1.1" silk dome tweeter
- Bass reflex cabinet with radius edges on front baffle
- Esotec tweeter with soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid cooled
- One-piece molded polypropylene cone woofer with 4" pure aluminum wire voice coil
- Switchable Power Supply
- Made in Denmark
Dynaudio BM15A Studio Monitors Specifications
- System: 2-way Active Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 40Hz - 21kHz
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Long Term): 124dB RMS
- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Long Term): 125,5dB RMS
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @ 1m (+4/-10): -18dBu RMS / -34dBu RMS
- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +16dBu peak / -1dBu peak
- Power consumption: Idle: 40W / Max: 300W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 100W / Woofer: 200W
- Resonance Frequency: 39Hz
- Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 1800Hz
- Crossover Slope: 30dB/oct
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I just moved into a new studio space. Much larger control room than my last one. I need some monitors that could handle the space but still give me accuracy and clarity. The BM15A's have fit in perfectly! I can't imagine working without them.