Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Upgrade from Assistant
Melodyne 4 studio offers you all Melodyne functions for both correction and creative applications on an unlimited number of tracks.
You can edit the sound and musical content of your recordings in such an intuitive manner or make such far-reaching changes with no other audio tool. The Melodic and Polyphonic algorithms offer you, in the case of vocals as well as both mono- and polyphonic instruments, full access to the notes of which the sound is composed as well as to their musical parameters. The Percussive algorithm offers you a time-sliced display suitable for drum loops, percussion instruments and noise-like, unpitched material. The time slices are edited in a very similar manner to the notes. The Universal algorithm is ideal for time-stretching or transposing entire mixes or polyphonic instrument tracks in cases where no access to the individual notes is required. It is very sparing in its use of resources and it, too, slices up the matrerial along the time axis. Melodynes algorithms allow you to make anything from the subtlest to the most far-reaching enhancements to your audio material, whatever its nature, the resulting sound quality being optimal in every case.
The fact that you can shift notes that are slightly out of tune to (or towards) the correct pitch, as well as quite independently controlling the amount of vibrato and pitch drift they exhibit, means that the sound remains natural at all times, with no tell-tale signs of having been edited. You can make very precise, targeted interventions by hand or, if you prefer, take advantage of intelligent macros to make sweeping changes swiftly and easily. You can move notes continuously in pitch or else up and down the chromatic (or some other) scale. In this way, you can alter melodies and chords in an intuitive way and also copy parts with a view to doubling them at the unison or octave or creating counter-melodies, backing vocals or entire choral arrangements. When you change the pitch of connected notes, the transitions between them are preserved. As a result, performances continue to sound authentic and credible even though no trace of their original melodies may remain.
With the Timing Tools, you can correct specific errors, enhance phrasing and shape the envelope and transients of notes. The Quantize Time macro affords a particularly flexible and user-friendly means of tightening up performances giving them a different feel. Time stretching in Melodyne is note-based and dynamic: Transients, consonants and sibilants are not stretched or squeezed to the same extent as the parts coincident with vowels that generally convey their pitch. This means you can make even extreme changes in the timing of notes without their transients becoming corrupted or their envelopes assuming unnatural forms.
The quantization of notes, and use of the time grid when moving notes, only make sense when the grid reflects the true tempo of the performance including any fluctuations therein. Thanks to Melodynes ability to detect tempo accurately, this is invariably the case. Which gives you the freedom inter alia to record without a click, as Melodyne can generate both a click and a time grid later, synchronized to the changing tempo of the performance. Further functions allow you to transfer the living, breathing tempo of a live recording to rigid loops and even other live recordings, as Melodynes ability to create precise tempo maps of each performance allows you to bring them perfectly into sync. And naturally, you can tighten up sloppy timing, too, wherever necessary as well as speed up or slow down the tempo even to a dramatic extent for creative purposes.
The ability to fine-adjust amplitude on a note-by-note basis is not only convenient but makes an important musical contribution: through targeted intervention, unwanted fluctuations in volume can be corrected easily and the dynamic expression of a performance enhanced or optimized. You can even tweak the volume of individual notes within a chord. When mixing, too, the ability to fine-adjust amplitude using Melodyne is an invaluable aid: you can rein in the volume of sibilants, consonants and breath noise by intervening directly in the audio material, which means you can make more sparing use of any compressor following in the signal chain.
Unlike a conventional sound processor, Melodyne knows the notes on each track and allows far more penetrating access to their sound direct access, in fact, to their overtone structure. In this way, you can change the timbre of voices and instruments at the source, so to speak through subtle, fine enhancements or far-reaching experiments in sound design. These might include, for example, impressing on one track the sound characteristics of another. Whereas with the Formant Tool you can edit notes individually, with the Sound Editor you are shaping the sound of the entire track. Here, you can control with surgical precision the level of individual overtones or transform the spectrum systematically with an array of swift and efficient macros. A high-resolution, 1/12-octave equalizer affords you a further, very musical, means of shaping the sound.
In the Note Editor, you can display as many tracks as you like simultaneously some to edit, others purely for reference; you decide. This way, while you are making detailed adjustments and improvements, the overall musical picture remains clearly in view; and you can treat choral tracks or backing vocals as a unit as you work on their voice-leading, intonation or timing. Notes can be selected, edited, copied or deleted across track frontiers. This makes it possible to change the melodies, harmonies and rhythms of multiple tracks simultaneously or edit notes youve allocated to different tracks, for the sake of the mix, as though they were still on the same one. This type of simultaneous access to the contents of multiple tracks is afforded by Melodyne alone.
No other tool displays your recordings and samples in such a clear and musically intelligible way, or lets you edit them with such precision and in such detail now subtly enhancing, now radically transforming, now taking apart and completely reconfiguring your audio material. Melodyne opens the way to a multitude of useful, fascinating and inspiring applications.
Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Upgrade from Assistant Features
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- All the Melodyne algorithms including DNA Direct Note Access
- The full Melodyne toolkit
- Unlimited tracks with Multitrack Note Editing
- The Sound Editor with its unique capabilities
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Precise tempo-detection and -editing
- Comprehensive functions for working with scales, tuning and temperaments
- Audio-to-MIDI export
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, ARA, Rewire
- OS X and Windows, 32/64 Bit
Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Upgrade from Assistant Specifications
- OS X: Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), OS X 10.6.8 and 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows XP (SP3, 32-bit), Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit recommended), ASIO-compatible audio hardware
Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Upgrade from Assistant Applications
- See exactly where the weaknesses in a performance lie and eliminate them
- Improve intonation and timing, phrasing and dynamics
- Reach the desired result by an intuitive, musical and fast route
- Despite the corrections, your recordings retain their natural feel and vitality
- Make a perfect arrangement out of different recordings
- Change the melody, harmony, tempo, timing and groove entirely as you wish
- Move, copy and combine phrases and notes
- Double tracks, add voices, create harmonies
- Use the possibilities Melodyne affords for unique sound design
Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Upgrade from Assistant Includes
New technologies and a new degree of freedom for the entire Melodyne family. Celemony is releasing Version 4 of its legendary audio software Melodyne. This constitutes the most extensive update to the entire product family in the companys history, with the emphasis on Melodyne 4 studio. Highlights include the Sound Editor with its totally new sound design possibilities, DNA Direct Note Access at last, on an unlimited number of tracks and ultra-accurate tempo detection. The smaller Melodyne editions editor, assistant and essential have also been enhanced.
- New soundscapes with the Sound Editor
- With the Sound Editor in Melodyne 4 studio, you can edit the sound of your recordings just like your music in a more musical, detailed and inspiring way. From the subtle enhancement of envelopes and timbres to the manipulation of overtones, resynthesis and radical experiments in sound design. Melodyne recognizes the notes and their overtones also a decisive advantage when it comes to sound processing. While conventional equalizers only act upon fixed frequencies, Melodyne adapts to the audio material itself. Adjust the level of individual overtones within each track, shape the basic sound of each instrument, relate the timbre or envelope of each note to its pitch, bring out the character of each sound source. The results are novel acoustically, often unique, invariably invigorating yet the Sound Editor is intuitive and lends itself easily to creative use.
- Multitrack Note Editing
- With Melodyne 4 studio, you can work on an unlimited number of tracks even with DNA Direct Note Access for polyphonic material. Multitrack editing has one very important advantage: you can see and edit the notes of as many tracks as you like simultaneously. The harmonies, melodies and rhythms of your project can all be viewed in context. And you can reach into this plastic image of the music, select notes and modify them, regardless of which tracks they belong to. This works not only in stand-alone mode but also in the plug-in. On all DAW tracks with the Melodyne 4 studio plug-in inserted. Never before has the musical interplay of multiple tracks been as readily observed or intuitively edited.
- Track-transcending macros
- In Melodyne 4 studio, the macros are even more useful because they are not confined to a single track. Select notes from as many tracks as you like and correct their intonation or timing in one go. Furthermore, synchronizing tracks is particularly easy: just define one track as the quantization master and sync all the other tracks to it.
- New tempo intelligence
- Melodyne 4s new tempo algorithms detect tempos, time signatures and any changes in tempo more accurately than ever before. Melodyne 4 tracks precisely the tempo of a live recording, with all its human inconstancy. The ensuing click keeps time with the musicians, not the other way around. And still, you enjoy all the practical benefits of a beat-based grid when working in your DAW.
- Furthermore, you can curb excessive wandering in tempo without ironing-out the minor fluctuations that lend charm to a live performance. You can also synchronize recordings with quite different tempos or variations in tempo. Melodyne 4 makes working with tempo dead simple, letting you work with greater freedom, in new ways.
- Better note detection
- Melodyne 4 now offers two algorithms optimized for polyphonic recordings. Depending upon the audio material, Melodyne employs either the Polyphonic Sustain (strings, organs ) or Polyphonic Decay (pianos, guitars ) Algorithm to obtain optimal sound quality in each case.
- Moreover, you can edit the note detection in far greater detail and therefore manage complex material still more effectively. So you can work even more closely and precisely on your music and obtain still higher sound quality from your editing.
- Time-stretching for entire mixes
- The Universal Algorithm in Melodyne is ideally suited to the time-stretching and pitch-shifting of entire mixes. The algorithm also delivers outstanding results with polyphonic material provided no access to individual notes is required. With its exceptional sound quality and modest CPU demands, Universal is an invaluable addition to Melodynes array of algorithms.
- More elegant, user-friendly and modern
- Melodyne 4 is easier to use and accelerates your workflow. With its variably configurable, single-window interface, you can adapt Melodyne perfectly to your own preferences and working requirements. Whats more, the new browsers and inspectors afford a better overview and direct access to all important parameters. Beneath the surface, state-of-the-art software technology is at work optimized for the latest operating systems, fully compatible with both 32- and 64-bit environments.
- Dynamic just intonation
- Melodyne 4s just intonation adds transparency and penetration to the sound. Whether youre working on an orchestral, choral or synthesizer recording, youll find justly tuned chords sound smoother and more powerful. Give your production the benefit of this unique acoustic impression.
- Many more keyboard shortcuts
- Freely assignable keyboard shortcuts let you control Melodyne 4 exactly as you wish. In stand-alone mode and now finally in the plug-in implementation. So you can work more easily at a far swifter tempo. An enormous gain in efficiency.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review