Universal Audio has started off NAMM a day early, with the announcement of the new Apollo Twin MKII. There are three versions; the Solo, the Duo, and the Quad. And you guessed it! The difference is in the number of DSP processing chips, in the internal UAD 2 DSP processing card. SOLO is of course a single DSP chip, the DUO has two DSP processors, and the QUAD has four. All three of these feature the SHARC DSP Processors we have grown to know and love.
All of these Apollo Twin MKII interfaces utilize Thunderbolt connectivity, for stable, and blazing fast high bandwidth interfacing. This not only allows for stability and low latency with high track counts and resolution, but also ensures you have more than enough bandwidth for use of all your favorite UAD plug-ins.
As Universal Audio states:
The Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world's most popular professional desktop recording interface –– delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, Unison technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you've heard on hundreds of hit records.
With added control room features such as a routable talkback mic with plug-in inserts, Mono, Mute, Dim, and ALT monitor controls, Apollo Twin MkII is a fantastic addition to UAD-2 hardware users looking for desktop monitor control and complete scalability.
Apollo Twin MkIIis available in SOLO, DUO, or QUAD models, including the UAD Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle featuring authentically modeled emulations of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, and more.
Key Features Include:
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for realtime tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote control and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT functions
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more