The ART Tube MP Tube Preamp is a versitile external tube microphone preamp. The hybrid design of the Tube MP allows it to add warmth and fatness to a signal while maintaining exceptionally low-noise and high quality.
The ART Tube MP Tube Preamp is designed to offer a superb level of sound quality. Whether you’re working with a digital, computer or analog recording system, the ART Tube MP’s TEC award nominated design will allow you to obtain professional recording studio results at a fraction of the cost of comparable equipment.
While its primary application is to be used with a microphone, the ART Tube MP is an exceptional direct box – impedance matching, amplifying and improving the sound of any instrument plugged into it.
The usage of external mic/line preamps has become increasingly popular over the past several years. The ART Tube MP offers superior performance and sound quality to the “on-board” preamps found in today’s low-cost mixers and multi-trackers. It’s sound has been consistently favored over other products costing upwards to ten-times its price. Professional quality sound combined with professional features like: a hand-selected 12AX7a tube, phantom power and phase reverse are what have made the ART Tube MP a staple in thousands of studios worldwide. For a minimal investment, an ART Tube MP can provide the single largest improvement to the sound of your studio.
ART Tube MP Tube Preamp Features
- Provides superior preamplification for microphones, instruments and line level sources
- Hand selected 12AX7a provides 70dB of gain smooth, warm and fat sound quality
- Variable input and output gain controls
- Excellent as a Tube DI
- XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs +48 volts
- Phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Superior sonic performance to on-board preamps
- TEC-Award nominated design
- Portable, all steel construction
ART Tube MP Tube Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz (+0,-1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.1% (typical)
- CMMR: > 75dB (typ @1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: > 100dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (‘A’ weighted XLR to XLR)
- Input Impedance: 2k O (XLR), 840K O (1/4?)
- Maximum Gain: 70dB (XLR to XLR typical)
- Maximum Input Level: +14dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4?)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4?)
- Output Impedance: 600 O (XLR), 300 O (1/4?)
- Power Requirements: 9 VAC @ 700ma (typ)
- Dimensions: 5.0?D x 5.5?W x 2.0?H
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
ART Tube MP Tube Preamp Includes
- Tube MP Tube Preamp
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
ART Tube MP Tube Preamp Downloads
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
You can’t go wrong with this preamp! Although it is very cheap, it easily competes with 100+ dollar preamps! But don’t expect to get a pro quality just like commercial CDs. In my opinion, this is a good beginner preamp for every musician that seeks to record his/her songs.
I have this pre amp for very little money , i can add some warmth and also distortion to my guitars and bases, I use it as a second channel to mix with the clean input in my Duet!
I've used the Tube MP to record instruments direct, and I've also used it as a preamp for a nylon-string guitar when playing shows. Considering its price, it performed just fine for both of these applications. I've never thought that it was an amazing piece of gear, but it's also only around $50, and you can always experiment with different sounds by swapping tubes.
I have been using the ART Tube MP for 10 years now.. As a MIC pre with phantom power and phase reverse it is terrific.. Clean through to quite grungy depending on how hard you drive it. A great way to liven up an all digital recording. I have mainly used it as a bass DI at which it excels. I have swapped many tubes through it and find that a NOS 12AY7 give a lovely warmth and top end sparkle to bass tracks. It is a very versatile little box that gets used more often than not.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review