AML ez1073-500 500-Series Preamp & EQ
The AML ez1073-500 is a Class A Microphone Preamp and EQ module which occupies two slots in a 500-Series rack.
The AML ez1073-500 is a fully built with Carnhill transformers and inductors to achieve its distinctive classic sound, this high-end hand-built British module provides an affordable solution for the modern cost conscious studio.
AML ez1073-500 500-Series Preamp & EQ Features
- Classic 3 stage (Class A) amplifier design
- All discrete component (no surface mount devices)
- Entirely hand assembled and tested in the England to exacting quality standards
- Phantom and polarity switches
- The output is duplicated on both of the output XLRs
- Stainless steel chassis
AML ez1073-500 500-Series Preamp & EQ Specifications
- Mic Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9045) +10dB to +65dB gain, rotary switchable in 5dB steps and switchable 300/1200 Ohm impedance input
- Line Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9046) - 20dB to +20dB, rotary switchable in 4dB steps (centre 0dB), 10k Input Impedance
- Line Output: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic full size output transformer)
- EQ/Filter Stage: 3 inductor (Class A) amplifier design
- HF (12kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- MF (switchable; 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- LF (switchable; 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- Low Pass Filter (switchable; 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz) -18dB per Octave
- Total current consumption 110mA (per unit)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I searched far and wide for an affordable preamp/eq combo and this unit knocks it out of the park. Great sound, tons of vibe, easy to use and install. Also the folks at Front End couldn't have been more helpful. Pro, super fast shipping, SOLID
Works perfectly. Great service.
If you’ve been wondering how to do less work sitting at a computer or whether or not an outboard preamp and eq will be worth an investment toward curing your chronic plugin fatigue, wonder no more! The AML sounds fantastic and its EQ can quickly chisel a poorly recorded, dull and boxy vocal take into a forward and pop-ready take. It’s also a very sturdy unit so I look forward to having this in my lunchbox for a long time!
Thanks for carrying this stateside, Front End Audio, and I appreciate how quickly you were all able to get this delivered despite the pandemic.