Tube-Tech CL 2A Two-Channel Tube Optical Compressor Details
The TUBE-TECH CL 2A Two-Channel Optical Compressor is an all tube based compressor / limiter targeted at two-channel studio recordings.
The TUBE-TECH CL 2A Dual Compressor features two independent optical compressors. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and then followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain. A switch with three positions (Link 1, Off, Link 2) is used whenever you want to use the two separate compressors in stereo mode or link several compressors together. The two link busses are identical.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized
The TUBE-TECH CL 2A is based on the famous CL 1B. Some differences exist between the two units.
The tube circuit is the basically same, with the only difference being that the input transformer and the tube amps in the CL 2A delivers a more "normal" amount of gain compared to the CL 1B
The control circuit has been changed so the CL 2A's max release time is two seconds. The CL 2A features a different optical element, with very similar action to the element in the CL 1B.
The CL 2A has a little more "round" character to the compression, compared to the CL 1B, but has kept the very smooth action, the CL 1B is famous for.
Tube-Tech CL 2A Two-Channel Tube Optical Compressor Features
- Optical gain reduction element
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Dual VU-meters showing output or compression
- Variable attack and release with a 1,5:1 to 10:1
- Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Clickless bypass relay
Tube-Tech CL 2A Two-Channel Tube Optical Compressor Specifications
- Input: 5 kOhm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.15 %
- +10 dBU 0.15 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +21 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Output Gain @0 dB < -80 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -80 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Output Gain @+0 dB < -70 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -70 dBU
- Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- Gain: off to +10 dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: off to -20 dBU
- Attack: 3 ms to 60 ms
- Release: 60 ms to 2 s
- ECC 82: 2 pc
- ECC 83: 2 pc
- Height: 2 units, 88 mm 3.5"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 205 mm 8.1”
- Net: 5.8 kg 12.8 lbs
- Shipping: 7.1 kg 15.6 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 30-45 W
Tube-Tech CL 2A Two-Channel Tube Optical Compressor Downloads
Click here to view all Tube-Tech products