Yamaha HS8 W Powered Studio Monitor (White - Single Monitor)
The Yamaha HS8 W Powered Studio Monitor has been created by Yamaha's studio monitor engineering team to deliver exceptionally flat, accurate response that you can trust.
Yamaha HS8 W Powered Studio Monitor Details
Improving on the original Yamaha HS80M the new Yamaha HS8 has been optimized for a variety of music production environments. Whats new?
- New Transducers: The Yamaha HS8 features new transducers that achieve a smoother response over a wide bandwidth to ensure the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
- Upgraded Tweeter: The Yamaha HS8 has been upgraded to a 1" tweeter which provides an extended frequency range that delivers high-resolution sound.
- Improved Cabinet: The Yamaha HS8 is housed in a improved bass reflex-type cabinet which reproduces a tighter low-end and smoother, high frequency response. Additionally, the HS8 cabinet offers a low resonance enclosure designs constructed from a dense, resilient MDF for a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors.
- Upgraded Amp: The Yamaha HS8 is also equipped with a new unique high performance amp unit, perfectly paired with each transducer. The coupled amp unit ensures that each HS8 delivers high-resolution sound with exceptionally flat response across the spectrum.
When choosing reference monitors for mixing and music production, accuracy is the prime consideration. Speakers that sound "good" on first impression may not necessarily be accurate. What you really need is an honest reference for your mix, rather than monitors that have been tweaked or colored to deceptively sound impressive.
The HS series reference monitors have been created by Yamaha's studio monitor engineering team to deliver exceptionally flat, accurate response that you can trust. Unlike "monitor" speakers with exaggerated bass and treble that make a good first impression but can't be relied on for accuracy, the HS series were designed to be true studio reference monitors in the tradition of the legendary Yamaha NS10M.
Whether you're mixing for stereo or 5.1 surround, mixes that sound good on Yamaha HS series reference monitors will translate accurately to the widest possible range of reproduction systems "¦ which is engineer-speak that simply means they'll sound good on anything. And that is the ultimate goal of any reference monitor. We should also mention that the HS Series monitors not only sound great, they look great, too.
Designed to deliver an honest mix, the HS8 monitor speaker has a flat 38Hz-30kHz frequency response. Room control and frequency response switches allow custom tailoring of the monitor's response, making it perfect for all types of recording and multimedia applications. Easily create a 5.1 surround sound setup with the addition of an HS8S powered subwoofer (sold separately).
Yamaha HS8 W Powered Studio Monitor Features
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- Room Control and High Trim response controls
- 2 inputs, a balanced XLR and a 1/4" phone jack, which can accommodate a wide range of balanced and unbalanced sources, including mixers, keyboards and audio interfaces.
Yamaha HS8 W Powered Studio Monitor Specifications
- Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 38Hz - 30kHz
- LF: 8" cone
- HF: 1" dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output power: 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption: 60W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material: MDF
- W: 250mm (9.8")
- H: 390mm (15.4")
- D: 334mm (13.1")
- Net weight: 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
- LEVEL control: (+4dB/center click) ,
- HIGH TRIM switch: (+/- 2dB at HF)
- ROOM CONTROL switch: (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
What We Think - Yamaha HS8 Review
The Yamaha HS series of powered monitors is one of those products that definitely gets our attention. The HS5 does admirably for an entry level speaker, but the HS8 is the true winner here. The HS8 delivers good low end, smooth response and a detailed image and depth. In the under $1k range we think that they are a fantastic monitors to help you make critical mix decisions. Let"?s face it, the white cone brings out the warm fuzzies in people who know the old NS10M! The HS8 delivers that same ability to translate your mixes in the real world but sounding much better while you're working.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review