M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor
The M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor is an 8 inch studio reference monitor, designed to deliver superior mix performance. The return of a studio icon, BX8 D3 guarantees absolute surgical precision and repeatable engineering excellence and is trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally.
The M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor (Single) offers you listen with confidence, you’ll hear everything in lifelike detail, so your mixes and recordings will sound their best!
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, M-Audio BX8-D3’s 8-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.” M-Audio BX8- D3’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. M-Audio BX8-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, M-Audio BX8-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). M-Audio BX8-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the M-Audio BX8-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, M-Audio BX8-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from their drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the M-Audio BX8-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The M-Audio BX8-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, they understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the M-Audio BX8- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to M-Audio BX8-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of M-Audio BX8-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the M-Audio BX8-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, M-Audio BX8-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX8-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, M-Audio BX8-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Features
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts (80 LF, 70 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 8” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1.25” Natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- Computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Specifications
- Type: 2-Way Near-Field Studio Reference Monitor
- Low Freq. Driver: 8 inch (203 mm) Kevlar Curved Cone with High Temperature Voice Coil and Damped Rubber Surround, Magnetically Shielded
- High Freq. Driver: 1.25 inch (32mm) Magnetically Shielded Natural Silk Dome
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0kHz
- Low Freq. Amplifier Power: 80W
- High Freq. Amplifier Power: 70W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 114dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- Input Sensitivity: -12dBU
- Input Connectors: 1x XLR Balanced Input Connector 1x TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Input Connector
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohm Balanced, 20k Ohm Unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive Signal at + Input Produce Outward LF Cone Displacement
- Protection: RF Interference, Output Current Limiting, Over Temperature, Turn On/Off Transient, Subsonic Filter, External Mains Fuse
- Power: Voltage; 100-120V, 50/60 Hz / 220-240V, 50/60 Hz, Consumption; 150W
- Fuse: 220-240V~ T1AL, 250V / 100-120V~ T2AL, 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 9.8" x 11.9" x 15.1" / 250 x 302 x 384 mm
- Weight: 23.1 lb / 10.5 kg
M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Includes
- M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor (Single)
- Power Cable
- Acoustic Foam Pad
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review