Genelec 8350A DSP Studio Monitor Package
The Genelec 8350A DSP Studio Monitor Package from Front End Audio gives you everything you need to get started with a pair of Genelec 8350A Monitors at a bundled price; including a pair of 8350A Monitors, the Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit, a Genelec 9310AM Volume Control, and a pair of premium Mogami Gold Studio cables.
Genelec's Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) offerings must be assembled as a complete system - at least to start. And nobody knows this system like Front End Audio. We've put together this bundle to make purchasing and understanding the Genelec SAM system easy and painless.
Included are a pair of Genelec 8350A Monitors, the Genelec GLM (required for accessing and setting up the DSP component of the monitors - includes 8300A measurement microphone and GLM v2.0 Network Interface, GLM Loudspeaker Manager software, and AutoCal software), the Genelec 9310AM Volume Control, and a pair of Mogami Cables. (analog XLR or AES/EBU - your choice just let us know your setup - we're flexible!).
Once you have this basic system in place, adding a Genelec SAM Smart Subwoofer, like the new Genelec 7360A or Genelec 7370A is easy. GLM's AutoCal and AutoPhase functionality delivers perfectly aligned and adjusted audio to your listening position. Not only that... but you can measure different points in the room, and store the correction to quick keys, allowing you to quickly "throw" the corrected sound to the producer or artist hanging out on the couch. It's not gimmicky; it's very, very real, and very useful.
Genelec 8350A DSP Studio Monitor Features
- New Smart monitors can be used with Genelec GLM network for full GLM v2.0 software functionalities, including wired volume control. They can also be used without a computer and network control as complete stand-alone systems using either Stored Settings or Manual Settings (DIP switch and rotary controls) for various adjustments and functionalities.
- Genelec GLM AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimise detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions.
- An extended set of room response compensation filters allow for increased in-room calibration precision and customer-defined specific calibration curves.
- New Smart monitors connectivity cover all possible analogue or digital audio applications.
- Genelec advanced Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) provide a wide, controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- Highly efficient Genelec designed Class D amplifiers combined with latest technology drivers allow the 8340 and 8350 to achieve substantially higher sound pressure level than their predecessors with high dynamic range, improved frequency response flatness and very low distortion. This means clean, neutral and fatigue-free audio reproduction at the sound pressure level of your choice, enabling you to work consistently and accurately.
- Highly efficient Class D amplifier technology represents a power-saving, environmentally-friendly solution.
- New Smart monitors feature improved frequency response flatness achieving very neutral sound reproduction.
- Constant latency above 200 Hz means exact time domain translation which contributes to accurate harmonics and sound image reproduction.
- High system reliability thanks to advanced protection circuitry guaranteeing predictable production times.
- Universal mains input voltage allows easy connectivity to any mains power allowing use anywhere in the world.
- Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) switches the monitor system to standby when no audio input is detected, providing significant power consumption savings.
- All connectors face down for easy cabling and monitor placement against a wall or in a corner.
- New Smart monitors are fully compatible with the wide range of versatile Genelec accessories.
- Every single product is factory calibrated and fully evaluated for acoustic performance guaranteeing perfect similarity between products and consistent high performance.
- Elegant and minimalistic industrial design combining state-of-the-art function with unique aesthetics.
- New SAM Systems are fully backward compatible, allowing easy expansion of an existing monitoring system.
- Genelec quality and reliability make long term investments profitable and ensure outstanding audio quality experience.
Genelec 8350A DSP Studio Monitor Package Includes
- Pair of 8350A DSP Studio Monitor
- Genelec GLM
- Genelec 9310AM Volume Control
- Power Cables
- Mogami cables (analog XLR or AES/EBU - your choice)
What We Think
"We put the Genelec 8350A DSP Studio Monitor Packagetogether as a comprehensive solution for the discriminating studio and engineer looking for immense power both in sound quality and accuracy combined with the power to enact precise room acoustics corrections across the entire frequency spectrum, as well as recall acoustics-samplings from various points in the room and recall them at will - thus shifting the stereo image to that location. We at Front End Audio have long used the Genelec 8240APM GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package in our studio and we couldn't be happier with the results. With the system we are able to 'sample the acoustical DNA', if you will, of the listening space and actually get an accurate read on what is happening in the room as a result of the sweeps on each monitor. And once we have that, it's possible to identify specific problems in the room and actual opportunities for corrections that you can make to free up the GLM System to address more specific issues. Again, this addresses the entire audible frequency spectrum - not just the single dominant 'room mode' frequency. The GLM v2.0 System and 8300 Series Genelec Digital Studio Monitors make it possible to attain a monitor consistency from control room to control room, making them the ideal choice for the freelance engineer who travels with their own monitors, needing consistency from environment to environment. Give us a call at 888-228-4530 and we can help you select the right Genelec Digital Monitor System for your needs."
- Front End Audio
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review