The elysia xpressor 500 500-Series Compressor is an extremely versatile stereo compressor withmany unique features taken from elysia's flagship products, you not only get great compression, but an amount of control on processing which is hardly ever experienced elsewhere.
No matter if you want to set and forget or plunge deep into the secrets of compression, the elysia xpressor 500 is for you. Its discrete audio path running in constant class-A mode provides a superior audio quality which combines a clear and open sound with a good lot of punch.
Stereo buss compression, processing single signals, approaching dynamics in creative ways the elysia xpressor 500 shines in many different applications. Best of elysia? You got it!
elysia xpressor 500 500-Series Compressor Features
- Discrete Class-A Topology: As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the xpressor 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Auto Fast Attack: Inspired by its big brothers: the switchable semi automation for a perfect attack on the basis of the value set by the user.
- Log Release: This alternative characteristic of the release curve follows a logarithmic course instead of the standard linear progress and results in a very gentle kind of compression.
- Negative Ratios: The characteristic curve bends and goes back down! Heavy pumping, backward sounds, etc. perfect for very cool compression effects.
- Parallel Compression: Mixing direct and compressed signals. Available directly on the unit: the direct and the compressed signal can be blended in any desired relation by simply turning the mix controller.
- Sidechain Filter: Frequency selective compression. A tunable low cut filter in the sidechain of the xpressor 500 avoids overcompression and pumping when there is a lot of low end energy in the mix.
- Gain Reduction Limiter: Ultimate control on the compression process. This novel limiter is not placed in the audio path as usually, but restricts the control voltage of the compressor instead.
- Warm Mode: Transparency? Saturation? Both! The xpressor 500 offers a second switchable sound flavor by altering its frequency spectrum, harmonics and transient response.
- Analog Dynamic LED Meter: The gain reduction meter modulates its LEDs in their brightness in order to show the action of the compressor in an analog way: fast and with smooth transitions.
- Stepped Potentiometers: All potentiometers on the xpressor 500 have 41 steps, which is a great help for recalling your previous sessions fast and precisely.
- Made in Germany: High grade components, solid aluminum knobs.
elysia xpressor 500 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Frequency response: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.002 %
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.006 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.003 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.056 %
- Noise floor:
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted): -94 dBu
- Dynamic range:
- 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 115 dB
- Maximum level:
- Input: +21 dBu
- Output: +21 dBu
- Input: 10 kOhm
- Output: 68 Ohm
- Power consumption:
- Total: 125 mA
- Per slot: 63 mA
elysia xpressor 500 500-Series Compressor Includes
- xpressor 500 Compressor
- User Guide / Owners Manual
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
elysia xpressor 500 500-Series Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review