Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features available onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing, Unison technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings — as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps — including Neve, API, Manley, and UA — complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard. Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Available with UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, and SOLO Core Processing
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in horsepower for running the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface Specifications
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, or 10.12 Sierra
- PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
- Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter (sold separately)
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface Includes
- Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface
- Power Supply
- Software/Driver Disc
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Audio Interface Downloads
Click here to view all Universal Audio products