Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp
The Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp is a continuously variable impedance microphone, line and instrument preamp with polarity, pad and level control. Featuring mic level, line level, and Hi-Z instrument inputs, the 2BA-221 utilizes separate and individually controlled solid state inputs to mix the mic input with the Hi-Z or line input into the variable vacuum tube stage.
The Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp allows you mix the signals through the 12AX7A/ECC83 vacuum tube output or output them separately through multiple solid state outputs. The Summit Audio 2BA-221 also features a stackable input design; multiple 2BA-221’s can be linked together to form a modular mixing device with individual outs, inserts per channel, and a final vacuum tube gain stage. The Summit Audio 2BA-221's swept high pass filter, multiple simultaneous tube and solid state outputs, insert jack, and internal power supply makes the Summit Audio 2BA-221 a powerful tracking and mixing tool.
Full-Plate Voltage Matters
The proper amount of voltage to a tube and solid-state circuit can make all the difference in the quality of the sound. The Summit Audio 2BA-221 is made with the highest quality full-voltage tube and solid-state signal paths and the best components available. The Summit Audio 2BA-221 even has a separate, dedicated power source for its 48V phantom power, and does not draw current away from the main circuits.
Let Signal Flow
Integrating the Summit Audio 2BA-221 into your studio or live rig is easy given the comprehensive selection of input and output options provided. They designed the connections of the Summit Audio 2BA-221 with creative options in mind.
Variable Tube Output Control
Another really cool feature is its variable tube output control, which provides access to a huge variety of tones, from clean solid state to rich harmonics and all sorts of variations in between. What a benefit to have one preamp and still have the advantages of many different sounds! The Summit Audio 2BA-221’s single 12AX7A Tube provides rich, warm tone and is easy to find and replace.
Really Well Built
The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. The Summit Audio pays special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of today’s top touring acts around the world.
Hand-Crafted in The USA
Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in Summit Audio's shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp Features
- Variable microphone impedance
- High quality mic preamp with polarity, pad and level control
- Channel insert
- Highpass filter
- 1 balanced input, 1 mic input, 1 instrument input
- Balanced outputs
- Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.
Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp Specifications
- Operating Measurements:
- Max Output Level (XLR): 25dBu
- Max Gain: 75dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -135dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz- 50kHz (-1dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 115dB average 10Hz- 20kHz
- THD + Noise: 0.055%, -32dB in +4dB out, 1 kHz
- Vacuum Tubes: 12AX7A
- Max Input Level:
- Mic: -16dBu
- Line: 22dBu
- Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Input Impedances:
- Mic: 1.5K ohms
- Hi-Z: 10K-1.75M ohms
- Output Impedance (XLR): 150 ohms
- Mic Input: +4 dB female XLR
- Line Input:-10 dB 1/4" balanced
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Stacking Input/Output: -10 dB balanced
- Power Configuration:
- Internal AC Supply: 20 watts, 115V, 50 or 60 Hz (USA model Only)
- Fuse Size: .5 amp, slo-blo for 100/115 V
- Fuse Size: .25 amp, slo-blo at 230 V
- Size & Weight:
- Height: 1.75 inches (4.44 cm)
- Width: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Depth: 7.42 inches (21.59 cm)
- Weight: 7 pounds (3.15 kg)
Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp Includes
- 2BA-221 Preamp Unit
- User Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Summit Audio 2BA-221 Preamp Downloads
Click here to view all Summit Audio products