Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone
The Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone is a broadcast-grade wearable microphone designed for smartphones or for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever broadcast quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
The Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone is a professional lavalier mic with TRRS jack, compatible with iOS devices and select Android devices. With the Rode SmartLav+ the user simply mounts the microphone on the talent, connects it to a smartphone or tablet headset jack and records via the Rode Rec app for iOS, or any other audio app of their choice.
By employing a professional quality omni-directional condenser capsule the Rode SmartLav+ picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
A foam pop shield is supplied to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management. Its Kevlar® reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions.
The Rode SmartLav+ is compatible with any audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with Rode’s Rode Rec app for Apple iOS devices. Rode Rec turns the user’s iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation presets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability to publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox direct from the app.
Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone Features
- Broadcast quality, professional-grade Lavalier Mic with TRRS Jack
- High-quality omni-directional condenser capsule
- Discrete 4.5mm miniature microphone
- Compatible with iOS devices and select Android devices
- Kevlar® reinforced cable
Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Permanently Polarised Condenser
- Active Electronics: JFET
- Polar Pattern: Omni-directional
- Frequency Range: 60 Hz ~ 18 KHz
- Output Impedance: 3k ? Typical
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 67 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 27 dB Typical
- Clipping SPL: 110 dB
- Maximum Output: 189 mV
- Sensitivity: -35dB (17.8mV @94dB SPL)
- Dynamic Range: 83 dB Typical
- Power Requirements: Powered from iPhone TRRS socket (2.7V)
- Output Connection: Gold-plated TRRS plug
Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone Includes
- SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphones
- LAV-CLIP - Microphone Mounting Clip
- WS-LAV - Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- 1 Year Warranty
Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone Downloads
Click here to view all Rode products