RME HDSP 9632 PCI Card
The RME HDSP 9632 is a PCI form audio interface for both Mac and Windows that makes the dream of an "all-in-one solution" for every possible audio application come true.
RME HDSP 96/32 Hammerfall DSP 24/96 Audio PCI card Details
RME presents the world's most versatile PCI Audio Interface - the Hammerfall DSP 9632. This card makes the dream of an All-In-One solution for every possible application come true. As usual, RME has not made any compromises: Latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters with more than 110 dB signal to noise ratio, all inputs and outputs simultaneously operational, easy-to-install optional hi-quality analog expansion boards, the famous TotalMix, a newly developed sensational clock section with maximum jitter suppression of external clock signals - all this combines into a 'soundcard' that the world has been waiting for so long.
A PCI Express version, the RME HDSPe AIO is available as well.
RME HDSP 96/32 Hammerfall DSP 24/96 Audio PCI card Features
- Balanced stereo analog in- and output, 24-Bit/192kHz, > 110 dB SNR
- Optional analog expansion boards with 4 balanced in- or outputs
- All analog I/Os capable of 192 kHz, constant number of available channels
- 1 ADAT digital I/O, supporting 96 kHz S/MUX operation
- 1 SPDIF digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 1 Breakout cable for coaxial SPDIF*
- Up to 16 I/Os can be used simultaneously!
- 1 Stereo headphone output, parallel to the analog out, additional level settings
- 1 MIDI I/O with 16 channels of hi-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering- and analysing tool
- HDSP Meter Bridge: freely scalable level meters, peak- and RMS calculation directly in hardware
- TotalMix: 512 channel Mixer with 40 Bit internal resolution
The HDSP 9632 ships in a basic version with analog RCA/phono breakout cables (BO9632CMKH) (headphone: TRS jack). Therefore all analog I/Os are unbalanced. An analog XLR breakout cable is available as option (BO9632XLRMKH) (headphone: Neutrik TRS locking jack), turning analog and AES/EBU into balanced mode.
HDSP 9632 debuts SteadyClock (TM), a newly developed clock technology, combining professional features like maximum jitter suppression at full varipitch capabilities and software controlled sample rates.
Compared to the well-known DIGI96/8 series, the HDSP 9632 not only offers a further improved analog interface, but also all the features of the award-winning Hammerfall DSP series: All inputs and outputs simultaneously available, MIDI I/O and TotalMix, the DSP-based real-time mixer/router. Hardware updates through software and driver updates are risk-free thanks to the Secure BIOS Technology.
In short: The HDSP 9632 is the ultimate audio interface for PC or Mac, digital or analog.
RME HDSP 96/32 Hammerfall DSP 24/96 Audio PCI card Specifications
- Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms, 186 ms
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- TMS (Track Marker Support): Supports CD/DAT start-IDs and the read out of CD subcode
- Unique status windows for record and playback, showing mode and sample rate
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering and analysing tool
- Digital inputs and outputs ground-free transformer coupled
- 3-stage hardware level control for analog inputs and outputs
- Balanced analog input and output, DC-coupled signal path
- 192 kHz / 24-Bit converters. SNR 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Maximum input and output level (0 dBFS @ HiGain): +19 dBu
- Low impedance headphone output (75 ohm), stepless output level through software faders
- Headphone Speaker Protection minimizes noise during power on/off
- All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Super low jitter design: < 1 ns in all clock modes
What We Think - RME HDSP 9632 Hammerfall DSP Review
RME has solid drivers, and offers a very good sound for a great price. There are some interfaces that cost less for sure, but when you run RME for 3 years straight as I have with zero issues with hardware or software or drivers, you tend to stick with it. Totalmix is a very cool internal mixer for setting up headphone feeds, unbelievable flexibility...you can literally route any input or output anywhere at anytime.
Click here to view all RME products