Focusrite RedNet D16R Network Interface
The Focusrite RedNet D16R AES is a 1U, 19in rack-mount Dante interface featuring 16 channels of AES/EBU connectivity to and from the Dante audio network.
Perfect for bridging between digital consoles, power amplifiers or any other AES3-equipped audio equipment and any Dante network, RedNet D16R has SRC (Sample Rate Conversion) on each input pair allowing plug-and-play operation with any AES3 source. Word Clock I/O and DARS (Digital Audio Reference Signal) connections allow synchronisation with a wide range of external sources and hardware, while S/PDIF I/O allows the integration of equipment such as CD or solid state recorders/players. The D16R features a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality, with Ethernet and power supply redundancy for maximum reliability. In addition, the unit offers a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
What is RedNet?
RedNet is Focusrite’s flagship range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s tried and tested Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application. Fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Focusrite RedNet D16R Network Interface Features
- 16 Channel bi-directional RedNet AES3 Interface for Dante Networks
- Power supply and Ethernet redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure, and locking etherCON network connectors.
- Sample rate conversion allows external equipment to run at any sample rate
- Compact 1U chassis allows maximum functionality in minimum rack space
- Two 8-channel AES59 combined I/O DB25 connections, plus a pair of XLR3 connectors duplicating channels 1 & 2
- Rear panel XLR input connector either be used as a DARS input or as a traditional AES3 audio input
- S/PDIF input and outputs provided on RCA connectors; ideal for connecting CD players or solid-state recorders
- Word Clock I/O on BNC connectors allows synchronisation of the Dante network to house clock, or syncing external equipment to the Dante network
- RedNet Control and Dante control software allow routing and control from your audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required
Focusrite RedNet D16R Network Interface Specifications
- Input Sample Rate Converters
- Sample Rate Range: 32 to 216 kHz
- Gain Error: -0.3dB
- Dynamic Range: > 138dB (-60 dBFS method)
- THD + N: < -130dB (0.00003%); 0 dBFS input
- Latency: 11 to 45 samples (network and input sample rate dependent).
- Digital Performance
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal, Word Clock, DARS, AES input 1-2, AES input 9-10 or from Dante Network Master.
- External Word Clock Range: Nominal sample rate ±7.5%
- Rear Panel Connectivity
- Channel Count: 16 x 16 AES/EBU channels
- Input and Output: 2 x DB-25 connectors (AES59 Combined I/O / Tascam Digital)
- Alternate Input (optional DARS): 1 x Female XLR (replaces DB-25 channels 1-2)
- Alternate Output: 1 x Male XLR (duplicates DB-25 channels 1-2)
- Channel Count: 2 x 2 S/PDIF Channels (reduces AES/EBU input channels)
- Input: 1 x RCA phono socket (replaces DB-25 channels 3-4)
- Output: 1 x RCA phono socket (switchable, duplicates any DB-25 channel pair)
- Word Clock
- Input: 1 x BNC 75Ω port (switchable termination)
- Output: 1 x BNC 75Ω port
- PSU & Network Connections
- PSU: 2 x IEC Inputs with retaining clips.
- Network: 2 x etherCON connectors, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors.
- Front Panel Indicators
- Primary PSU (A): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
- Secondary PSU (B): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
- Primary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on primary port when in redundant mode. When in Switched mode, a valid network connection at either Primary or Secondary network port will cause this LED to illuminate.
- Secondary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on secondary port when in redundant mode. Not used in switched mode.
- Network Locked: Green LED. When unit is network slave, shows valid network lock. When unit is network master, shows lock to indicated clock source. Flashing indicates external clock is selected but not connected.
- Sample Rate: Orange LED for each: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, x2, x4.
- Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain.
- Signal Indicators: 16 Green LEDs, 8 input/8 output indicators. Illuminate @ -126dBFS.
- Clock Source: Orange LED for each: Internal, Word Clock, DARS, Input 1–2 and Input 9–10.
- Network Modes
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect to two independent networks.
- Switched: Connects both ports to integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of devices.
- Dimensions: 44.5mm/ 1.75" (H) x 482.6mm/ 19" (W) x 263mm/ 10.35"(D)
- Weight: 3.84kg
- Power: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA.
Focusrite RedNet D16R Network Interface Includes
- RedNet D16 unit
- 1  x IEC AC mains cables
- 1  x IEC mains cable retaining clips (See instructions on page 8)
- 2m Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Safety information cut sheet
- RedNet Getting Started Guide
- Product registration card, provides links to:
- RedNet Control
- RedNet PCIe drivers (included with RedNet Control download)
- Audinate Dante Controller (installed with RedNet Control)
- Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) Token and download instructions
Focusrite RedNet D16R Network Interface Downloads
Click here to view all Focusrite products