Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module
The Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module lets you take a pre-recorded guitar track and send it back to amplifiers and effects so that you can tailor the sound to suit. The class-A design features two transformer coupled outputs to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Separate output controls make it easy to set the guitar amps to the perfect level from the control room.
The Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module employs the same audio building blocks as the stand-alone X-Amp; the world’s most popular Reamper. The advantages of Reamping are many: when recording, the guitarist need only concentrate on the performance. Working out specific sounds and optimal mic placement can be done later. This eliminates hours of tiresome repetition while allowing the producer to adjust the character of the track as the production evolves.
Using the Radial X-Amp is 'plug and play' easy to use. The design begins with an XLR balanced line level input located on the 500 series rear panel that feeds the Radial X-Amp. To ensure the very highest fidelity, 100% discrete class-A circuitry is employed. The Radial X-Amp unbalances and buffers the pre-recorded signal where it then feeds two transformer isolated hi-Z guitar level outputs. The ¼" jacks are front mounted for desk-top convenience and equipped with ground lifts to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Independent level controls enable you to adjust the drive going to each amp for optimal tone. Should one of the amps be out of phase, depressing the 180º quickly brings both in line.
The Radial X-Amp Reamper works with guitars, basses, keyboards and even voice! You can send the signal through guitar effects pedals too. In fact the only thing holding you back is your imagination.
The Radial X-Amp…active Reamping made easy.
Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module Features
- Active Reamp designed for 500 series racks
- 100% discrete class-A electronics for best tone
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz
- Easy access front panel jacks & controls
- Dual outputs to drive two amps
- Individual level controls for each output
- Gets the musicians out of the studio!
- Delivers a performance with real amp tone
- Lets you adjust mic placement for best tone
- This is how the big record producers do it!
Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module Applications
- Recording a Dry Track with the X-Amp - Plug your guitar into the Omniport on the Workhorse rack, feed guitar amps with the front panel ¼" outputs and send the dry guitar signal from the XLR output connector on the back of the Workhorse into your favorite DAW for future Reamping!
- Reamping with the X-Amp - Send the prerecorded clean (dry) track to the Radial X-Amp using the XLR input on your 500 series rack. Feed the signal from Out-1 and Out-2 to your guitar amps. Mic them and record!
- Using the X-Amp as a Distro - Connect your guitar to the Omniport on the Workhorse. The guitar signal can then be sent to two amplifiers using out-1 and out-2 up to 15 meters (50 feet) away; adjust the volume to suit.
Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Class-A discrete, transformer coupled
- Power Requirement: 40mA, ±16VDC
- Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz (adjusted for guitar signals -5dB@20kHz) w 100K ? load
- Voltage Gain:
- XLR Input to XLR Output: 0dB ±0.5dB
- Omniport to XLR Output: -3dB ±0.5dB
- XLR Input to ¼" Outputs: -0.6dB ±0.5dB
- XLR Input to XLR Output: <0.002% @ 0dBu(20Hz~20kHz)
- Omniport to XLR Output: <0.002% @ 0dBu(20Hz~20kHz)
- XLR Input to ¼" Outputs: <0.006% @ 0dB(1KHz)
- XLR Input to XLR Output: -114dB below 0dBu
- Omniport to XLR Output: -95dB below 0dBu
- XLR Input to ¼" Outputs: -98dB below 0dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- XLR Input to XLR Output: <0.04% @ 0dBu input
- Omniport to XLR Output: <0.005% @ 0dBu input
- XLR Input to ¼" Outputs: <0.027% @ 0dB input
- Maximum Input:
- XLR Input to XLR Output: +26dBu
- Omniport to XLR Output: +20dBu
- XLR Input to ¼" Outputs: +19dBu
- XLR Input: +4dB, balanced female XLR, AES standard
- XLR Input Impedance: 1.2k Ohms
- XLR Output: Parallel 'thru-put' with XLR input, +4dB balanced
- XLR Output Impedance: 600 Ohms
- ¼ OUT-1 & OUT-2: Instrument-level (variable), unbalanced ¼", transformer isolated,
- ¼ Output Impedance: 3k Ohms
- Omniport: Instrument-level input, unbalanced ¼"
- Omniport Input Impedance: 220K Ohms
- Shipping Weight: 1.5lbs (0.7kg)
- Size: Standard 500 series rack format
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module Includes
- Radial X-Amp Module
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial X-Amp 500-Series Re-Amping Module Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products