Radial J33 Turntable Preamp
The Radial J33 Turntable Preamp is a combination phono preamplifier and purpose built stereo direct box made to handle the rigors of the professional recording studio and the abusive environment of live touring. But don't let the tough exterior fool you… the J33's sonic performance will easily surpass many audiophile preamps costing much more.
The Radial J33 Turntable Preamp is designed specifically for dynamic cartridges and begins with a low noise front end. Inputs are standard RCA with the required turntable ground lug. A precise RIAA low pass filter is tailored to produce a smooth, warm response. The signal is then buffered to provide the audio system with a standard -10dB signal with choice of RCA connectors for compatibility with home HiFi entertainment systems, 3.5mm (1/8") output to feed a laptop or iPod, or a stereo TRS ¼" jack for an audio recorder. A second set of direct box XLR outputs deliver a mic level signal to feed a concert snake, mic splitter and mixing desk preamp inputs. A rumble filter is also available for high sound pressure environments to reduce bothersome resonant feedback.
As with all Radial DIs, the Radial J33 features a 14 gauge steel enclosure with a unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and connectors. The internal I-Beam construction ensures maximum rigidity while ensuring minimal stress on the sensitive solder joints. These combine to provide exceptional shielding against noise while ensuring greater dependability in the most demanding environments.
The Radial J33, a high performance turntable preamp that is ideally suited for music playback, archiving, DJing and sampling.
Radial J33 Turntable Preamp Features
- Combination RIAA Phono preamp and DI box
- Stereo RCA, ¼" TRS, 3.5mm and XLR outputs
- Built -in low frequency rumble filter
- Choice of 48V phantom or DC supply
- Designed for magnetic turntable cartridges
- Pro DJ touring and night clubs
- Archiving vinyl records
- Recording digital samples from vinyl
- Recording scratch performances
- Eliminates need for DJ mixer
- RIAA preamp and active DI in one box
- Can be used as hi-fi turntable preamp
- Lets you connect your turntable to anything!
- Low-Z out will drive signals 300 feet!
- Ultra-tough construction, lasts a lifetime
Radial J33 Turntable Preamp Applications
- Turntable to J33 to hifi system - Most new stereo systems are not equipped with a phono preamp input. The Radial J33 is a high performance phono preamp that delivers audiophile quality to your HiFi system by simply connecting the turntable to the RCA inputs and the receiver to the RCA outputs.
- Turntable to J33 to mixing console and PA system - DJs rejoice! You can now connect your turntable directly to a mixing console using the Radial J33. Take the balanced lo-Z outputs form the Radial J33 and connect just like a microphone… only stereo. The DI box output from the Radial J33 is perfectly suited for all PA systems.
- Turntable to J33 to computer - Archiving and sampling old records has never been easier! Plug your turntable into the Radial J33 and then send the output to your favorite preamp or mixer. Hit record! Add compression, gates and EQ to 'remaster' as needed.
Radial J33 Turntable Preamp Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active circuit
- Frequency Response: RIAA response curve for phonographic playback
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -82dB below 0dBu Output
- Dynamic Range: 91 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -82 dBu @ 0 dBu output
- Maximum Input: -30 dBu @ 1kHz
- Nominal Input: -50 ~ -40 dBu @ 1kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% @ 1kHz (-33 dBu input level)
- Inter-modulation Distortion: 0.025% @ -45 dBu input
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms, unbalanced
- Voltage Gain: +37.8dB
- Output Impedance: XLR out: 600 Ohms; ¼", 3.5mm, RCA outs: 470 Ohms
- LED Power LED: Two indicators illuminate when power is applied
- Low-Cut Filter: -3dB @ 100Hz (rumble filter)
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 5" x 6.25" x 2" (127 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
- Power: +48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA external supply (included)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial J33 Turntable Preamp Includes
- Radial J33 Turntable Preamp
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial J33 Turntable Preamp Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products