Sennheiser MD421 II Dynamic Cardioid Microphone
Sennheiser MD421II Dynamic Cardioid Microphone, a workhorse classic!
Sennheiser MD421 II Dynamic Cardioid Microphone Details
One of Sennheiser's most popular microphones! It's the MD 421 II's versatility that's made this one so widely-acclaimed. Its ability to handle high pressure levels makes it a natural for guitars and drums, but that's just the beginning. The MD 421 II's full-bodied cardioid pattern and five-position bass control means it's an excellent choice for most instruments, as well as group vocals, or radio broadcast announcers. One listen and you'll know why it's a classic.
A cardioid mic for a host of applications!
The MD 421 II is one of the best known microphones in the world. Its excellent sound qualities enable it to cope with the most diverse recording conditions and broadcasting applications.
Feedback rejection and bass roll-off
The MD 421 II's cardioid pattern offers outstanding feedback rejection, making it an excellent choice for live situations or recording environments where bleed from other instruments may be an issue. And the five selectable bass rolloff settings control proximity effect, so you can use the MD 421 II in close-miking situations and still get clean, clear response with no unnatural bass boost.
A sturdy, reliable mic
The MD 421 II has a glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basket for rugged and durable performance in the studio or onstage. The sound inlet basket is refined steel for capsule protection.
When you consider the lifetime performance and versatility of this mic, it's easy to understand why the MD 421 II is world-renowned for quality and value!
Sennheiser MD421 II Dynamic Cardioid Microphone Features
- Glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basketâ?"rugged and durable
- Five position bass roll-off switchâ?"compensates for proximity effect
- Effective feedback rejection
- Clear sound reproduction
- Easy handling due to pronounced directivity
- Acoustic components enclosed in inner chasisâ?"reduced sensitivity to dust and humidity
- Internal bass tubesâ?"accurate low end response
- Handles exceptionally high sound pressure
Sennheiser MD421 II Dynamic Cardioid Microphone Specifications
- Pick-up pattern: cardioid
- Frequency response: 30â?"17,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (free field, no load) (1 kHz): 2 mV/Pa Â± 3 dB at 1 kHz, nominal
- Nominal impedance: 200 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 200 Ω
- Dimensions in inches: 8.46 x 1.8 x 1.92
- Weight: approx. 13.58 oz
What We Think - Sennheiser MD421 II Review
"The Sennheiser MD421 II is a long recognized studio standard on drums (a favorite for toms and kick drums), guitar cabs, bass cabinets, vocals, horns, and actually, a ton of other uses. Every studio should have at least one (but more like 4 or 8 of them). The five position bass roll-off switch helps to tailor the low end of the signal and compensate for proximity effect, making the MD 421 II one of the most versatile dynamic microphones ever created. We recommend them unreservedly."
Alan Moon - Front End Audio
Click here to view all Sennheiser products