Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay
The Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay is designed to offer practical and economical obscenity protection. With full stereo, 8 second, fully adjustable delay, autofill built-in filler playback, and non-volatile digital memory, the Eventide BD960 is ideal for safe-guarding your live audio broadcasts.
The Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay is built to cater the needs of any station that ever plans a live call-in or even slightly risky in-studio guest. Offering practical and economical obscenity protection, the Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay is the right addition in your protective arsenal. Whether you are a station servicing a smaller market or you are broadcasting a shock jock in the big city, the remarkably inexpensive Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay provides the flexibility to customize the broadcast delay.
You're on the air, and someone has just opened his or her big mouth a little too wide. Don't Panic!
Just hit the Delete button, and the obscene caller or out-of control studio guest never reaches the air. The Delete function also closes a relay contact. With an easily built relay box, this can automatically start a six (or three or twelve) second cart - a short program promo, a station ID, a funny "zapper," anything you want. When the delay period "plays out," your delay switches you back "almost live" on the air with full delay protection restored. The whole operation takes just one button. What could be simpler?
What could be simpler, indeed!
How about "no need for an easily built relay box or filler cart"? With the Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay, you need no relay, no filler cart - because filler playback is built into the unit! The Eventide BD960 AutoFill™ Broadcast Delay has a built-in memory to store material to use to fill those embarrassing silences while the delay period is regained. Since the memory is non-volatile, you don't have to worry about losing it in a power failure; since it's fully electronic, you don't have to worry about loss of quality as it gets played and played and played. And, perhaps best of all, since it doesn't add to the cost of the unit, you don't have to justify paying extra for the feature!
Some choices you don't have to make...
Previous BD900-series models required you to specify mono or stereo and the delay length at the time of ordering. But you don't have to make these choices with the Eventide BD960. ALL units are stereo, ALL have a maximum delay of eight seconds, adjustable to any value up to the maximum. And with the low cost of the Eventide BD960, you don't need to choose whether to run unprotected on incidental programs, remotes, or on other occasions. Sure, if you're a heavy talk station, you will probably want their world-standard BD500 delay with its patented "catch up" feature and ability to unobtrusively build up delay with no program interruption. But any station that ever plans a live call- in or even slightly risky instudio guest will benefit from having the Eventide BD960 delay unit in its protective arsenal.
You can't say that on the radio...
But people who know that sometimes slip, and many enjoy testing limits. Recent changes and decisions at the FCC have made it more risky than ever to be risqué, and libel lawsuits and penalties in the U.S. and other countries can be more costly than FCC fines. With its spectacular audio specifications, the Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay lets you control these risks with maximum convenience for you and transparency for your listeners.
Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay Features
- One Button Delete
- Full Stereo
- 8 Second, Fully Adjustable Delay
- Autofill Built-In Filler Playback
- Non-Volatile Digital Memory
- Industry Standard XLR-Type I/O
- Compact 1-U Design
- RS-232 Serial Interface
Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay Specifications
- Analog Input:
- Audio Input Connectors: 2 XLR female balanced line
- Input Impedance: 10K ohms bridging
- Input Level: -6 dBm to +25 dBm, adjustable +/- 10dB
- Analog Output:
- Audio Output Connectors: 2 XLR male balanced line
- Output Impedance: Less than 50 ohms, balanced, for driving 600 ohm load
- Output Drive: Output amplifier clipping level > +25dBm
- A/D and Digital Signal Path Characteristics:
- A/D/A Conversion: 24-bit
- Dynamic Range: >100dB
- Sampling Rate: 48kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 22kHz +/- 1dB
- Crosstalk: <-95dB
- THD/N: <0.008%
- Recorded Signal ("Filler Cart") Specifications:
- Length: Up to 8 seconds stereo
- Dynamic Range: >100dB
- Sampling Rate: 24kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 11kHz +/- 1dB
- THD/N: <0.005%
- Controls & Indicators:
- Operating Controls and Indicators:
- Controls: POWER, LEVEL Up/Down, BYPASS, DELETE, RECORD
- Indicators: POWER, Dual 8-LED LEVEL bargraphs, BYPASSED, DELETE, RECORD, DELAY
- Remote Control Connectors and Signals:
- Delete Delay: 2 N/O relay contacts that close during DELETE
- Remote Jack: Allows external contact closure to ground to cause DELETE and BYPASS
- SRS232: Allows simple remote control from a PC or other computer
- Width: Standard 19" (48.26cm) rack
- Height: Standard 1u (1 3/4" / 4.44 cm) rack mount
- Depth Behind Panel: 10.5"/26.67cm excluding connectors
- Temperature Range: 40-120 deg F (5-49 C)
- Power Requirement: Less than 25 watts, 100-240 volts universal power supply
Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay Includes
- BD960 Broadcast Delay Unit
- 1 Year Warranty
Eventide BD960 Broadcast Delay Downloads
Click here to view all Eventide products