Direct Sound EX-29 Extreme Isolation Headphones
Extreme Isolation Headphones were invented by a studio session drummer for drummers, home studios, stage and studio musicians, and anyone who wants serious isolation!
Direct Sound EX-29 Extreme Isolation Headphones Details
Extreme Isolation Headphones were invented by a studio session drummer for drummers, home studios, stage and studio musicians, and anyone who wants serious isolation! The EX-29 is the perfect headphone for sound & studio engineers and all musicians. The ultra-fidelity high input speakers featuring TruSoundâ"˘ Tonal Accuracy technology integrated with 29dB of eco-friendly natural passive isolation are incredibly amazing and will not bleed click tracks or pre-recorded music into live microphones! The EX-29 is the professionalsâ?? choice.
What makes them so extreme? We use specially designed earmuffs that passively attenuate surrounding sound by 29 decibels which is better than those $300.00 noise canceling headphones or the cheap isolation headphones found in most music stores. They are designed to protect your eardrums from damage and improve your recording and performing! It's about time!
Extremes have a thicker twin lead cable which produces a better sound with crisper highs, better mids and no boomy bass. Still the only isolation headphones on the market that are not bulky and do leak sound during recording like the other brands out there. The most comfortable isolation for an affordable price.
- For SOUND ENGINEERS to monitor the mixer board during live performances while isolating their ears from main speakers.
- For STAGE AND STUDIO DRUMMERS who want to hear how drums are being mixed without having head-phones at high volume.
- Allows STUDIO MUSICIANS to hear only the studio mix during recording - eliminating costly return trips to the control room.
- For STADIUM AND DOME EVENTS - listen to "LIVE" broadcasts at medium volume and block out most stadium noise while watching the game.
- For NASCAR SCANNERS - by using an inexpensive stereo to mono plug, you can plug into your scanner and have the best isolation available to monitor the pit crews and driver.
Direct Sound EX-29 Extreme Isolation Headphones Specifications
- Type: dynamic closed type headphones with closed back speakers
- Passive Attenuation: 36.7db @ 8000 Hz / NRR 29dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Fidelity Response: TruSoundâ"˘ Tonally Accurate
- Drivers: 40 mm, closed back
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 114dB @ 1KHZ 1mW
- Cord: 9 feet (2750 mm), premium dual cable
- Plug: stereo 3.5 mm (1/8â?ť) with screw-on type gold plated 6.3 mm (1/4â?ť) adapter
- Rated Input Power: 500 mW
- Maximum Input Power: max 1000 mW (1W)
- Weight: 11.5 oz. includes cable and plug
- Red is Rightâ"˘ E-Z Channel Identification
- Padded Adjustable INCREDIFLEXâ"˘ Headband
- Foldable for Storage
- Convenient Storage Pouch
- Jack Adapter Keeper
- Eco-Friendly Natural Passive Isolation â?" No Batteries Required
- 1 Year Warranty
What We Think - Direct Sound EX-29 Review
The Direct Sound EX-29s are a must have for studios. I donâ??t care if it is a home studio or a pro studio, there should be a pair of EX-29s around for drummers. 29dB of isolation is a very big deal. Being able to listen to the click and cue mix at a reasonable volume, that will not harm your hearing, and not have your drums over powering the playback, is great. And if anyone mishandles them and the headband needs replacing, just get a new one â?" you can swap that yourself, for minimal downtime! I have not tracked drums (even electronic drums) without them, ever since I got my pair â?" and I will not track drums without them again. It would be worth owning a couple pairs for practice, or writing sessions. Just get a good headphone amp, and you are set. I have tried a lot of Isolation headphones, and nothing performs as well. Direct sound simply knocked it out the park with this one.
- Ryan Ferris
Click here to view all Direct Sound products