A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator
The A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator is designed as a low-cost, no-noise, compact device for controling audio levels. The A Designs ATTY brings gain control and flexibility to the studio and stage at a highly-affordable price.
The A Designs ATTY Stereo Passive Line is a no-compromise totally transparent passive two-channel line-level attenuator. The A Designs ATTY’s attractive price point and tiny footprint (4-1/2” x 1-1/2” x 3”) makes it a highly versatile and convenient solution for many applications. Suitable for use in any world-class recording facility, the A Designs ATTY can also serve as a cost-effective solution to more than a few problems faced by project studio owners, and is an invaluable addition to just about any live or remote broadcast rig.
The A Designs ATTY’s interface is simplicity personified. Housed in a rugged metal enclosure, it has two Neutrik XLR/balanced 1/4” combo jacks and two balanced XLR outputs that deliver noise-free operation. A single convenient knob controls both output channels, and a Mute button lets you easily silence your source without having to change a dialed-in level.
The A Designs ATTY’s passive design allows it to be used in a plethora of applications, the most common being control of any line-level output device…but wait - there’s more! Say you’re recording kick drum and snare with an API 3124. The input gain is set at the sweet spot…but, due to the API’s hot output, you need a touch of attenuation to protect your converters from clipping, and you don’t want to change sound quality by using its pads or record with compression. The A Designs ATTY is the answer. Another useful application is wiring The A Designs ATTY in line with a stereo tube preamp (such as the A-Designs MP-2A) and exploring different in/out level combinations without overloading other gear. It’s also a handy device for maintaining level control of powered monitors that have a separate volume control on each speaker. Once you calibrate your monitors to equal levels, you need never touch them again.
Add an A Designs ATTY or two to your live or studio setup today. You won’t believe how much bang you get for your buck.
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Features
- 100% passive line attenuator
- Does not color or negatively affect sound quality
- Convenient, one-knob stereo level control
- Transparent, noise-free level control for any line-level source
- Desktop powered monitor control
- Super handy Mute/Panic button prevents speaker-damaging thumps or feedback
- Prevent digital overs caused by high-output preamps
- Control output levels while maintaining high-gain input signal
- Compact size fits easily in small spaces
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Applications
- Line Level Control for the guitar, bass or keyboard amp extension speaker without clipping the A/D (audio-to-digital-converter).
- Line Level Control for the Mic-pre to the A/D.
- Line Level Control for the power amp to any speaker in a series.
- Use multiple units for independent stereo control over Powered Monitors
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Specifications
- Design: Compact for small spaces
- Connectors: 2 x balanced Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks, 2 x balanced XLR outputs
- Casing: Rugged metal casing
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4-1/2'' x 1-1/2'' x 3''
- Weight: 0.7 lbs.
A Designs ATTY Line Attenuator Includes
Click here to view all A Designs products