KRK 12sHO 12" Active High-Powered Subwoofer
The KRK 12sHO Subwoofer is the perfect high output choice for professional studios. The 12sHO provides ultra-accurate bass extension and huge sound levels!
KRK 12sHO Subwoofer Details
The KRK 12sHO Subwoofer is the perfect powered, High Output choice for professional studios, where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum sound levels are required. The 12sHO is powered by a massive 400 watt amplifier and a strengthened version of KRK's signature Kevlar woofer. This sub is the no-compromise way to hear what is happening in the depths of your mix. Subwoofers allow you to use smaller main monitors, make it possible to monitor the essential low frequency range, and can be a great solution for space-challenged control rooms or mixing environments.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble, and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. If subsonic frequencies cannot be heard accurately, then they cannot be mixed accurately.
Having an incredibly capable subwoofer is critical when it is combined with powerful near-field monitors, such as the ExposĂ© or a VXT 8 driven to high sound pressure levels. In a stereo configuration the subwoofer will have to produce the bass that would normally be generated by the monitors -- that alone can exceed the headroom of an ordinary sub. In a surround sound configuration the subwoofer has to reproduce all of the low-frequency information from five or more channels as well as the demanding bass content of the LFE channel. These challenging applications can place demands far exceeding the capabilities of normal low frequency drivers and power amplifiers. This is where the performance of the KRK 12sHO shines.
KRK 12sHO Subwoofer Features
- Curved Baffle: Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass Footswitch Control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching 1/4 inch mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12" Driver: High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
- Input Sensitivity on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range, labeled are positions for MUTE, +6dBu and -8dBu
KRK 12sHO Subwoofer Specifications
- Drivers: 12" High Excursion Woven Kevlar Woofer
- Frequency Response: 29Hz - 60Hz to 160Hz Variable LP / 80Hz Fixed HP
- Max Power: 400W RMS - 116dB
- Low Pass Filter: 60Hz - 160Hz Variable
- High Pass Filter: 80Hz Fixed
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 113dB Music and 116dB Peak
- Combi-Jack Inputs: (L/R/LFE)
- LFE Input Gain: Fixed +10 dBu
- XLR Outputs: (L/R)
- Power In: IEC Mains Connector
- Input Sensitivity: MUTE / +6 / -8dBu
- LED Power Indicator: (Logo - Yellow Triangle)
- Line Out Bypass: Switched 1/4" Input
- Variable Low-Pass Adjust: 60Hz-160Hz
- Phase Reverse switch: 0/180 degrees
- Phase Adjust: Variable
- Ground Lift switch: Lift / Ground
- Limiter: On/Off
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 16" x 15" x 17"
- Footswitch for bypass operation, with remote indication of bypass (clip and limit TBD)
- Cable for footswitch (5m)
- Feet - Rubber and Spikes
- User Guide / Warranty
KRK 12sHO Subwoofer Downloads
Click here to view all KRK products