Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In
The Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In is a powerful creative tool, a faithful recreation of the original hardware, featuring hundreds of presets and includes a number of artist presets. Thicken drums, create vocal harmonies and make your guitars fill up the track with the best of them. Once you have the H910 in your arsenal, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
The Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In has the pitch changing ability to create specific musical intervals and perfect harmonies, spread guitars, fatten snares, apply subtle organic de-tuning to synths or add slap-back delays to vocals. At extreme settings, you can create unheard-of mechanical sounds, drone effects or robot language using self-oscillation, delay, and anti-feedback.
The Eventide H910 Harmonizer was the world’s first digital effects processor. With its unique combinations of pitch shifting, modulation and delay, the Eventide H910 can be heard on countless ground-breaking works by artists from AC/DC to David Bowie to Frank Zappa. Simply put, nothing sounds quite like it.
Two is Better than One
When you purchase the Eventide H910 Harmonizer plug-in, you also receive Eventide’s exclusive H910 Dual Harmonizer. This version recreates the popular technique of running two H910 units in parallel to create lush doubling and other interesting effects.
The Glitch is Back
The original Eventide H910’s unique pitch change method introduced random ‘glitches’ into the audio and the word ‘glitch’ into the audio engineer’s vocabulary. Not surprisingly, artists found creative ways to use the glitch and, in fact, years later when the Eventide H949 was introduced with advanced de-glitching circuitry, some users were disappointed that the glitch was gone. In addition to the glitch, all of the quirkiness of the original H910 has been emulated. The design predates the introduction of the CD and digital audio sample rate standards (e.g. 44.1 kHz) by nearly a decade. The system clocks at the heart of the design drifted and wobbled introducing a degree of randomness in the effect not found in later crystal-based, precise digital devices. This was evident in the way that the display would flicker between pitch ratio readings. The combination of glitch, randomness and analog signal path, especially when the feedback control was turned up, added an ‘organic’ feel to the sound and that feeling comes through in the plug-in.
True End to End Emulation
The Eventide has painstakingly modeled every section of the analog signal chain to recreate the sounds of the original Eventide H910.The original Eventide H910 was a 100% software-free, analog and digital processor that predated the earliest practical ADC or DSP chips by several years. It used simple digital logic gates and some of the earliest RAM memory chips but was, in large measure, an analog beast. A custom analog-to-digital converter, companding, filtering and analog feedback combined to give the unit a distinctive sound which this plug-in faithfully re-creates.
Join the Elite
In 2007, the Eventide H910 was inducted in the TECnology Hall of Fame. The list of famed producers, audio engineers and musicians that still use it to this day—either in hardware or plug-in form—is a veritable “who’s who” of the recording industry. Thicken drums, create vocal harmonies and make your guitars fill up the track with the best of them. Just ask Tony Visconti (David Bowie, Thin Lizzy, ), Shelly Yakus (John Lennon, U2, Madonna), Tom Lord-Alge (Avril Lavigne, Blink 182, Santana), Tony Platt (AC/DC, Cheap Trick, Bob Marley), Laurie Anderson and Eddie Van Halen, to name a few. Once you have the Eventide H910 in your arsenal, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In Features
- NEW Keyboard and MIDI mapping - The original H910 featured a keyboard remote control which was used live by several artists including Elton John. With the H910 plug-in you can easily use MIDI to control pitch and harmonization in real-time.
- NEW Envelope Follower - An envelope follower has also been implemented in this latest release. Engineers and producers discovered that sending a control voltage to the hardware H910 could be used to slightly (or massively) vary the pitch, creating entirely new sounds. The built-in envelope follower makes exploring these possibilities easy.
- NEW OUT2 Delay Group - adds inspiring attributes to your sound.
- True analog modeling of highly nonlinear electronics for faithful reproduction of the original H910's juicyness and grit.
- Perform perfect pitch changes controlled manually, via MIDI or with Anti-Feedback.
- Anti-Feedback modulates the pitch around unity for a subtle or wild effect.
- Optional "glitching" of original H910 hardware to create unpredictable sounds as it alters pitch.
- Modify pitch by musical intervals (diatonic) to harmonize vocals or solo instruments.
- Delay rhythms and melodies to create everything from slap-back echoes to feedback chaos.
- Create colorful, unique sound effects and drones through self-oscillation.
- Individually control delay outputs and dry/wet mix.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
- Eventide H910 Dual
- Recreates two H910 units running in parallel to create doubling effects and other unique sounds.
- Easily fattens and thickens instruments when assigning opposite pitch ratios.
- Stereo (cross-unit) Feedback can cause the incoming signal to shift up and then down continuously.
Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In Specifications
- Platform Compatibility:
- Microsoft Windows 7+
- Apple OS X 10.7+
- Supported Formats:
- AAX Native
- Audio Units
- DAW Compatibility:
Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In Includes
- Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In
- Eventide H910 Dual Harmonizer Plug-In
Eventide H910 Harmonizer Plug-In Downloads
Click here to view all Eventide products