iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer Details
Unearth a world of sounds you've never heard before. Driven by iZotope's award-winning visual selection technology, iZotope Iris is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears. Fuel your creativity with Iris's new spin on sound design: a "visual instrument" that's perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer is an innovative sampling re-synthesizer that frees you to create sounds that could never before be produced. Start by dissecting up to three distinctive audio samples, using Irisʼs spectrogram display and easy selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics. Blend and layer your modiﬁed samples, then beef up their impact with a choice of suboscillator waveforms.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude and dimension to your creation by applying iZotopeʼs world-class effects and processors, including chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, and ﬁlters.
For the synth enthusiasts out there, never fear! Favorite synth features like amplitude envelopes, LFOs, root note detection and key mapping are all there for advanced musical control, as well as the all-new Radius RT for real-time pitch-shifting while preserving your sample's timing.
Iris is ideal for anyone seeking a completely fresh take on sampling and synthesis, particularly sound designers and composers working on music and sound for ﬁlm, television and video games. With over 500 intensely creative patches available for immediate use, Iris is also perfect for any musician dreaming of diverse and compelling new sounds.
If your old sample libraries are looking dusty and tired, revive and rejuvenate the material by bringing it into Iris. Breathe new life into every audio ﬁle in your collection... blend the scream of raccoon with a howling wind and your favorite vintage synth pad for a sublime new texture. Take the sounds of a swarming bee hive, a rattling conveyor belt, and a sampled cello to create new musical ambiences. With Iris, you can find music in everything!
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer Features
- Discover what's inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations... what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes... even mistakes!
- Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
- Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris's 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer System Requirements
- Operating system requirements
- Windows (XP Service Pack 2 or later, x64, Vista, 7)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
- Plug-in formats
- Standalone application
- Pro Tools 7.4+ (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST and VST 3, Audio Unit
- Plug-in host compatibility: Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, GarageBand, Logic, SONAR, ACID, REAPER, Sound Forge, Peak, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, and many more
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer Downloads
Click here to view all iZotope products