Genelec 8340APM DSP Studio Monitor
The new, completely re-designed Genelec 8340APM Smart Active Monitor (SAM) lifts audio monitoring precision and performance to an entirely new level of accuracy. Featuring Genelec 8000 Series Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) technologies, a flow optimized reflex port, very high sound pressure level, low colouration and broad bandwidth, the new 8340 and 8350 share all technical attributes and outstanding benefits of all SAM Systems family-members.
You can now focus all your creativity in the audio productions with a reliable monitoring tool, anywhere you are.
The 8340A features Genelec MDE and DCW technologies, Class D amplification, a flow optimized reflex port, very high sound pressure level, low colouration and broad bandwidth as well as universal mains power supply. Fully backward compatible, the 8340A shares all technical attributes and outstanding benefits of all SAM Systems family-members such as Genelec AutoCal and Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) control network technologies which allow adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings.
Covering all possible analogue or digital audio applications, the 8340A is the most advanced monitoring solution for recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting. You can now focus all your creativity in the audio productions with a reliable monitoring tool, anywhere you are.
Genelec 8340APM DSP Studio Monitor Features
- New Smart monitors can be used with Genelec GLM network for full GLM 2.0 software functionalities, including wired volume control. They can also be used without a computer and network control as complete stand-alone systems using either Stored Settings or Manual Settings (DIP switch and rotary controls) for various adjustments and functionalities.
- Genelec GLM AutoCal™ measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimise detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions.
- An extended set of room response compensation filters allow for increased in-room calibration precision and customer-defined specific calibration curves.
- New Smart monitors’ connectivity cover all possible analogue or digital audio applications.
- Genelec advanced Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) provide a wide, controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- Highly efficient Genelec designed Class D amplifiers combined with latest technology drivers allow the 8340 and 8350 to achieve substantially higher sound pressure level than their predecessors with high dynamic range, improved frequency response flatness and very low distortion. This means clean, neutral and fatigue-free audio reproduction at the sound pressure level of your choice, enabling you to work consistently and accurately.
- Highly efficient Class D amplifier technology represents a power-saving, environmentally-friendly solution.
- New Smart monitors feature improved frequency response flatness achieving very neutral sound reproduction.
- Constant latency above 200 Hz means exact time domain translation which contributes to accurate harmonics and sound image reproduction.
- High system reliability thanks to advanced protection circuitry guaranteeing predictable production times.
- Universal mains input voltage allows easy connectivity to any mains power allowing use anywhere in the world.
- Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) switches the monitor system to standby when no audio input is detected, providing significant power consumption savings.
- All connectors face down for easy cabling and monitor placement against a wall or in a corner.
- New Smart monitors are fully compatible with the wide range of versatile Genelec accessories.
- Every single product is factory calibrated and fully evaluated for acoustic performance guaranteeing perfect similarity between products and consistent high performance.
- Elegant and minimalistic industrial design combining state-of-the-art function with unique aesthetics.
- New SAM Systems are fully backward compatible, allowing easy expansion of an existing monitoring system.
- Genelec quality and reliability make long term investments profitable and ensure outstanding audio quality experience.
Genelec 8340APM DSP Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 110 dB
- Frequency response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (44 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension
- Woofer 6 1/2 inch
- Tweeter 3/4 inch, metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power (All Class D)
- Woofer 150 W
- Tweeter 150 W
- H 365 x W 237 x D 223 mm, with Iso-Pod™
- H 14 3/8 x W 9 3/8 x D 8 13/16 inch, with Iso-Pod™
- 1 x XLR analog input
- 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU
- 2 x RJ45 control network
Genelec 8340APM DSP Studio Monitor Includes
- Genelec 8340APM SAM Monitor
- 1 x IEC Mains Power Cable
- 1 x 5m GLM network cable
- Operation Manual / User Guide
Genelec 8340APM DSP Studio Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all Genelec products