Focusrite OctoPre MKII 8-Channel Microphone Preamp Details
The Focusrite OctoPre MkII is Focusrite's powerful input upgrade for your Pro Tools system, or any digital audio workstation, due to it's eight channels of famous Focusrite pre-amplification and the now built-in 24-bit / 96 kHz ADAT output. It's also a great expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
The digital output allows users to make the most of often-neglected ADAT inputs; ideal for expanding the number of mic-pre inputs on your interface. Connect OctoPre MkII to your audio interface's ADAT input to create a high quality, multi-channel recording solution, ideal for tracking drums, as well guitars, keyboards, vocals and more.
The Focusrite Preamp
Focusrite has, over the past two decades, built a reputation as the market leader for high quality recording equipment, with its mic-pre technology as the cornerstone of that enviable reputation. The original mic-pre, as featured in the early Focusrite Forte console, used rotary switched gain controls and high quality audio transformers. This mic-pre is still used by many of the industries greatest producers and has contributed to the sound of countless hit records. Today, Focusrite design equipment for a far greater audience, from professionals to amateur enthusiasts, all with varying budgets.
As with the Red and ISA ranges, the Mic-pre technology found in the OctoPre MkII is designed to the highest possible standards. They uphold the same wide bandwidth philosophy featured in the original Forte console, back in 1989. All Focusrite mic-pres feature custom components which have undergone an intense testing and qualification process. With the facts and figures in, Focusrite designs then have to pass the essential listening stage. Any design can measure well on the test bench but only a great design can be qualified in the studio. The FET-based design in the OctoPre MkII is no exception and ensures the same low noise and distortion performance as earlier transformer-based designs. It delivers clarity without colouration and exhibits the signature transparency for which Focusrite have become famous.
Focusrite OctoPre MKII 8-Channel Microphone Preamp Features
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
- The best sounding multi-channel mic-pre in its class.
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital output
- Make the most of your interface's ADAT input. OctoPre connects via its built-in lightpipe output, with a "real world" dynamic range performance of 110dB.
- Mic-pres optimised for tracking drums
- OctoPre MkII is designed not to clip, with pre-amps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
- Two quality Hi-Z instrument inputs
- OctoPre MkII's first two channels feature DI's, ready for you to plug in your Guitars and Bass, instantly accessible on the front fascia.
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- OctoPre MkII's fast-acting 5-LED input meters provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analogue or digital clipping.
- -10dB Pads on every channel
- OctoPre MkII is drum-ready, with 10dB pads to stop hot signals from overdriving the microphone pre-amp.
- Direct outputs on every channel
- For routing and flexibility, especially in the live environment. Each mic-pre can be routed to the mixer's analogue channels, with two mirrored ADAT outputs (44.1) left free to send to digital recorders.
- 48V Phantom power available on every channel
- Switched in two groups (1-4 and 5-8) every channel is capable of supplying phantom power, for use with most condenser microphones.
- State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions
- OctoPre MkII's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of < 10 PPM. For external clocks, a BNC connector is provided and industry-standard JetPLL- jitter elimination technology is employed.
Focusrite OctoPre MKII 8-Channel Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55 dB
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10 dB to +36 dB
- Instrument Gain: +10 dB to +55 dB
- Input Pad on inputs 1-8: ~-10 dB
- Phantom power: switched in 2 x 4 channel groups (1-4 and 5-8)
- Mic and instrument maximum input level: +8 dBu (+17 dBu with pad on input)
- Line maximum input level: +22 dBu
- Nominal output level @ 0dBFS: 16 dBu, balanced
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
- Clock Sources: Internal clock and sync'ing to Word Clock Input.
- Dimensions: W = 484mm / 19", H = 45mm / 1.8", D = 265mm / 10.4"
- Weight: 3.6 kg / 7.93
Focusrite OctoPre MKII 8-Channel Microphone Preamp Downloads
Click here to view all Focusrite products