Celemony Melodyne Editor 4
The single-track Melodyne, Melodyne 4 editor offers you all the key Melodyne functions for the correction and creative editing of individual tracks. Including DNA Direct Note Access for polyphonic audio and the ultra-precise detection and editing of tempos.
In Melodyne, you work with notes – and not with a meaningless wave form. You don’t just see where the music gets louder or quieter but also where notes begin and end and at what pitch they lie. You can modify each note and thereby influence directly the intonation, phrasing and dynamics – and do this not only with vocals and monophonic instruments but with polyphonic instruments such as pianos and guitars as well. Working with Melodyne is like being able to say to a vocalist “sing this note a bit longer” or to a pianist “give slightly less weight to the third in this chord” – hours, weeks, even years after the recording session.
Notes are displayed in Melodyne in the form of "blobs" - the precise path traced by the pitch is indicated by the wavy line. With Melodyne’s tools, you can edit the notes directly and modify all important musical parameters. Just grab the notes, and you’ll find you can adjust their pitch, vibrato, volume, timing and much else besides in a highly intuitive manner.
If a good take is spoiled by small errors, you don’t have to throw it away, because with Melodyne you can simply repair it. Regardless whether they’re intonation or timing errors, notes that are too loud or too quiet, with too much vibrato or too little. You can optimize the tiniest details or your recordings, bringing them as close to perfection as you desire. And since Melodyne works in a highly musical way, neither the vitality nor the naturalness of the performance is sacrificed in the process. Furthermore, the unbelievable flexibility of audio in Melodyne can be the launching pad for your boldest ideas. Notes, phrases, rhythms and noises in Melodyne become raw material that you can stretch, reshape, layer and transform – virtually at will. If a thing is conceivable, there’s a good chance that with Melodyne you can also make it reality.
Whatever your system or workflow, Melodyne fits right in. As a plug-in, Melodyne can be effortlessly integrated into your projects. Melodyne supports the VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plug-in interfaces and combines seamlessly with all important DAWs. One particularly user-friendly form of integration takes advantage of our ARA Audio Random Access technology, which allows better communication between the plug-in and the DAW and is currently supported by Presonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar and Tracktion. Melodyne can also run as a stand-alone application, linked to your DAW via Rewire if required. The decisive factor is its understanding of the music. Melodyne identifies the notes and the relationships between them. It is only as a result of this knowledge that Melodyne’s algorithms are able to “think” and operate in such a musical way. The benefits to you as a musician and producer include the famously superior sound of Melodyne and many other advantages that software lacking this understanding of musical contexts is incapable of offering.
Celemony Melodyne Editor 4 Features
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- All the Melodyne algorithms including DNA Direct Note Access
- The complete Melodyne toolkit
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Precise tempo-detection and -editing
- Comprehensive functions for working with scales, tuning and temperaments
- Audio-to-MIDI export
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, ARA, Rewire
- OS X and Windows, 32/64-bit
Celemony Melodyne Editor 4 Specifications
- OS X: Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), OS X 10.6.8 and 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows XP (SP3, 32-bit), Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit recommended), ASIO-compatible audio hardware
Celemony Melodyne Editor 4 Applications
- See exactly where the weaknesses in a performance lie and eliminate them
- Improve intonation and timing, phrasing and dynamics
- Reach the desired result by an intuitive, musical and fast route
- Despite the corrections, your recordings retain their natural feel and vitality
- Make a perfect arrangement out of different recordings
- Change the melody, harmony, tempo, timing and groove entirely as you wish
- Move, copy and combine phrases and notes
- Double tracks, add voices, create harmonies
- Use the possibilities Melodyne affords for unique sound design
Celemony Melodyne Editor 4 Includes
- Polyphonic (DNA Direct Note Access) – Piano, guitar, string quartet, etc.
- Melodic – Lead vocals, bass guitar, saxophone, etc.
- Percussive – Drums, percussion, drum loops, etc.
- Universal – Complex, polyphonic material without DNA Direct Note Access
- Main Tool – Pitch center, position, length, note separations
- Pitch – Pitch center, pitch transitions
- Vibrato – Intensity/direction of vibrato and trills
- Pitch drift – Intensity/direction of pitch drift
- Formants – Shift formants, control formant transitions
- Amplitude – Control the amplitude of notes, amplitude transitions, muting
- Timing – Control the position, length and quantization of notes
- Time handles – Vary the pace of developments within a note
- Attack speed – Control the starting transients and percussiveness of notes
- Note separation – Insert, delete and move note separations
- Tempo detection/Tempo Editor – Map and edit tempo changes within a recording
- Note Assignment Mode – Correct any note detection errors
- Cut, copy and paste – Rearrange material using clipboard functions
- Macros for pitch and timing – Automatic, intelligent correction and optimization of notes
- Audio-to-MIDI – Save audio notes as MIDI
- Scale correction – Move or quantize notes in accordance with the selected scale
- Edit scales – Alter scales or create your own
- Scale Detective – Extract scales from audio
- Quantize to reference track – Carry over the timing of one track to another
- Stand-alone mode – Run Melodyne as an independent application
- Plug-in operation – Run Melodyne as an AU, VST, RTAS, AAX or ARA plug-in in compatible DAWs
- Rewire – Run Melodyne in stand-alone mode as a Rewire client
- 32-/64-bit compatibility – Run Melodyne as a native application on 32-/64-bit systems
- Intercompatibility – Open and edit projects created by other editions
Click here to view all Celemony products