Shure KSM32/CG Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone (Grey)
Shure KSM32/CG Cardioid Studio Condenser MicrophoneStage Model, standard charcoal version.
Shure KSM32/CG Details
The Shure KSM32 is a side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. It offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, MylarÂ® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Shure KSM32/CG Specifications
- Cartridge Type Permanently-biased Condenser
- Frequency Response 20 to 20,000 Hz (see Figure 4)
- Directional Polar Pattern Cardioid (see Figure 5)
- Output Impedance 150 Ã? (actual)
- Attenuation Switch 0 or -15 dB attenuation
- Low Frequency response switch flat; -6 db/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
- Phantom Power 48 V
- Dimensions and Weight 55.9 mm (2.20 in.) maximum body diameter, 187 mm (7.37 in.) long (see Figure 6)
- 490 grams (17.3 oz.)
- Sensitivity (typical, at 1000 Hz; 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL) -36 dBV/Pa (16 mV)
- Self-noise (typical, equivalent SPL;
- A-weighted, IEC 651) 13 dB
Shure KSM32/CG Applications
Some typical applications for the KSM32 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM32 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Voice -- solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement have significant effects on the sound obtained when miking a source. You may need to experiment with these variables to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
The KSM32/CG has a non-reflective, charcoal-gray finish for situations where less microphone visibility is preferred, such as live sound and stage production. It comes with the following accessories:
- ShureLockTM swivel mount
- Padded, zippered carrying bag