Genelec 8240A GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package Details
The Genelec 8240A GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package from Front End Audio gives you everything you need to run Genelec's impressive DSP monitors in your studio. Included are a pair of Genelec 8240A DSP studio monitors, Genelec's GLM Control Network Hardware & Software Package (required for accessing and setting up the DSP component of the monitors - includes 8200A measurement microphone and GLM Network Interface), as well as a pair of Mogami's 15 foot Gold Studio Quad Neglex XLR cables (Let us know if your setup requires other cabling - we're flexible!).
The Genelec 8240A may be the perfect size studio monitor for matching the need for a full size monitor in the home-studio environment to needing accurate imaging and frequency reproduction in the larger control rooms of today's professional studios. Plenty of power is available for exceptional headroom and clear, even, dynamic reproduction at all volume levels you will need to visit when tracking and mixing.
The DSP component of the system can accomplish amazing feats of room correction where other such systems fall flat and even acoustic treatments can't save the day. While we (Front End Audio) always recommend acoustic treatments, even in conjunction with DSP systems), you can't always take a sledgehammer to the walls and get into heavy construction to solve the real issues plaguing your room. Consider the cost of construction... then consider the bargain of the Genelec DSP system. Not a bad deal. The best part (and where other systems can't even compare) is that the monitors still are Genelecs when the DSP is engaged. Other systems completely change the response characteristics of the monitors being used; they can't just correct the frequency inaccuracies. So, as a result, the 3rd party systems leave you with a different monitor than what you started with. Again, not-so with the Genelec system. If you're a longtime Genelec user, then you'll be right at home using these monitors with the DSP engaged.
The GLM system can accomplish the seemingly impossible feat of accurate stereo image shifting to another location in the room and store it. In fact, you can store several locations to shift the image to. Why? When you're producer is on the couch at the back of the room, do you really want to have to ask her to get up and come up to the mix position to hear what you're talking about? Simply sling the image back their way (you'll probably want to have the GLM running on a separate laptop computer than the main DAW computer). This feature becomes really handy for film and television mixers who can now shift the image to the director and producers seated often up and behind them in a film mixing theater. The possibilities for your particular applications are endless.
Genelec 8240A GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package Features
- Pair of the Genelec 8240A DSP Studio Monitors
- Genelec GLM GLM Control Network Hardware & Software Package
- Pair of Mogami's 15 foot Gold Studio Quad Neglex XLR cables
Genelec 8240A GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package Specifications
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16 -24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type: XLR female input
- Input sampling rate: 32 -192 kHz
- Control network: Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM™)
- System calibration: AutoCal, GLM manual, Stand-alone
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz ≥105 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material ≥115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 6.5"
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 1 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D)
- mm 350 x 237 x 223 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 365 mm)
- inches 13 13/16 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 14 3/8")
- Speaker weight: 9.4 kg (20.8 lb)
Genelec 8240A GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package Downloads
Click here to view all Genelec products