Yorkville NX720S Powered Subwoofer
Yorkville NX720S Powered Subwoofer
Yorkville NX720S Powered Subwoofer Details
Delivering outstanding low-frequency performance, the 720-watt (program) NX720S powered subwoofer has been designed from the ground up to be the ideal companion for any medium sized live sound or DJ PA. Although it is the perfect match for the NX750P it will match well to many other systems. Intended for a variety of applications, the NX720P uses a single long-excursion, neodymium-magnet 15-inch woofer to deliver maximum output over the entire 40 to 150 Hz range.
The NX720S has sophisticated processing circuitry that protects the driver while maximizing the use of the available power. This processing has been carefully optimized to complement the characteristics of the driver and enclosure system. The fast limiter protects against clipping and over excursion. It is located with both high and low pass filters on either side of the limiter to guarantee that only the correct frequency content reaches the driver. The slow (RMS) limiter is equalized to adjust for the impedance variations of the loudspeaker system over frequency. This ensures the maximum output of continuous bass prevalent in today''s music while ensuring protection of the driver against overheating. Carefully tailored attack and release times ensure that maximum level is available from the system.
The input section in the NX720S allows for a variety of system configurations. There are two input sections allowing two signals to be blended into the NX720S. This allows stereo left and right signals to be summed into one NX720S while preserving channel separation of the stereo signals. Each input section has XLR male and female jacks to allow loop thru of line level signals. In addition one input section also has two 1/4-inch jacks that may be used for loop thru of line or speaker level signals. Within each section all jacks are connected in parallel.
Simple controls on the NX720S include an input gain control (Volume), variable high frequency cut-off and low-frequency tunable bass boost. The variable high frequency cutoff is adjustable from 90 to 150 Hz to trim the subwoofers low-pass filter to suit whatever full range cabinets are being used with this sub. A low-frequency tunable bass boost adjustable from 45 to 90 Hz has been included to allow subtle customizing of the bass character.
Proven Class D amplifier technology allows the NX720S to operate without a fan while preserving ample thermal margin without the need for large heavy heatsinks so it is lighter than conventional amplifiers.
Solid, rugged 5/8th-inch 11-ply Russian birch cabinet construction provides unmatched long-term reliability. Rugged Ultrathane (painted) finish ensures protection of the cabinet during adverse weather conditions. A heavy gauge perforated metal grille protects the speaker while integrated bar handles and a speaker-stand pole-mount are also metal.
Yorkville NX720S Powered Subwoofer Features
- Integrated 1500 Watt Amplifier (Peak - 720 Watts Program)
- 15-inch Woofer
- Max SPL 134dB Peak (128dB Continuous)
- 40Hz - 150Hz with Adjustable HF Roll-Off
- 45hz - 90hz Variable Boost Frequency
- Paralleled XLR and 1/4-inch Selectable Line or Speaker Level Inputs
- Excursion, Peak and Thermal Woofer Protection
- Integrated All Metal Speaker Pole Mount Adaptor
- Solid 5/8-inch (15mm) Birch Plywood Construction
- Durable Ultrathane Protective Finish
Yorkville NX720S Powered Subwoofer Specifications
- System Type: Active Subwoofer
- Program Power: 720 Watts (1500 Watts Peak)
- Max SPL: 134dB Peak (128dB Continuous)
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB) 40Hz - 150Hz adjustable
- Driver Configuration: 15-inch / 3-inch voice coil
- LF Protection: Electronic Limiting (Excursion, Thermal, Clip)
- Cooling Scheme: Passive convection
- Power Cable: Detachable IEC
- Power Consumption (typ/max): 230VAC 50 Hz 1.2A
- Inputs - 1/4" Jacks: 1 In, 1 Link Out
- Inputs - XLR: Left and Right Male/Female Link
- Level Controls: Main Volume
- EQ Controls: HF Cut-off 90 - 150Hz
- Limiter: RMS / Peak / Current
- LED Indicators: Power / Limit / Clip
- Other Controls / Features: Selectable line or Speaker level input, 45Hz - 90Hz variable boost frequency
- Feet: Rubber
- Bar Handles: 2 Side Mounted
- Pole Mount Adapter: (1 3/8"-3.5cm)
- Enclosure Materials: 15mm (5/8-inch) 11-ply Russian Birch
- Port(s): 1
- Grille: Heavy Gauge perforated metal
- Covering / Finish: Black Ultrathane (painted)
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches): 21.5 x 18.1 x 22.75
- Weight (lbs/kg): 77.6 / 35.2
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review