Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer
Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer, small format sound reinforcement console with a feature set that meets demands!
Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer Details
The Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Premium Mixing Console is the result of the call for a small format sound reinforcement console with a feature set that meets the demands of today's touring bands, performance groups, live venues, houses-of-worship, town halls and more. The console features a total of 12 input channels with 4 mono inputs, and 4 stereo inputs, dual effects processor, 1-knob compression, stereo hybrid channels and optional control / audio playback from Apple iPads and iPhones.
The front-end features 6 of Yamaha's breakthrough D-Pre microphone preamps, featuring an inverted Darlington circuit design. The result is a transparent, warm and musical audio character unique to the MGP12X. The mixer's X-pressive EQ section delivers precise settings, steep shelving and musical frequency contouring. A powerful Dual Digital Effects processor employs Yamaha REV-X reverbs and SPX series digital multi-effects. An additional feature unique to the MGP12X is its dedicated stereo Digital Hybrid channels.
Two stereo channels feature extensive DSP underneath the familiar analog controls. The Digital Hybrid channels feature Priority Ducker for prioritizing announcements and other signals, a Leveler for global level control and a Stereo Image feature that adjusts the width of stereo tracks, and allows for a much more comfortable listening experience (ideal for backing tracks and intermission music breaks). The Yamaha MGP12X features a USB iPod and iPad connection. Not only can the console playback audio from these devices, Yamaha's free MGP editor app allows for extensive control and editing of many of the console's features and parameters, directly from your Apple iPhone or iPad. Thanks to its integrated rack ears, the MGP12X can be rack mounted.
- D-PRE - The preamp is where sound creation begins, and ultimately determines the character and quality of your overall mix. The importance of this critical first step inspired us to develop the most fat and warm sounding preamps possibleâ?"our newly refined D-PRE mic preamps. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording gear, these studio-grade, discrete Class-A mic preamps employ an inverted Darlington circuit design that features multiple circuitry elements in a multi-layered configuration in order to deliver more power with lower impedance. This means all the character, depth and feel of your original signal will be delivered with fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs. Rediscover a favourite mic or trusted instrument by capturing the full range of your musical expression with sound that you don't hear, so much as feel. With 48V phantom power for each channel and a sound that is incomparable in a compact mixer today, these studio-grade discrete Class-A mic preamps set the MGP apart, clearly defining a class all its own.
- X-pressive EQ - Everyone knows vintage EQ sounds greatâ?"but not everyone knows why. Throughout the development of the innovative VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects used in our high-end professional digital mixers, we became increasingly focused on reproducing the warmth and musicality of classic vintage EQs. It was through our precise modeling of the original circuitry of some of the most sought-after EQ modules from the past that we discovered a characteristic â??X-shapeâ? of the frequency curves that was unique to these unitsâ?" and would ultimately prove essential to unlocking real vintage authenticity. More than just a means of tweaking your mix, the precise response and very steep shelving of the high and low frequencies make the X-pressive EQ a powerful sound-shaping tool that essentially redefines the role that EQ plays in sound reinforcement. Never before has an audio engineer's contribution to the overall sound been so significant, with X-pressive EQ providing complete control of every aspect of your sonic palette.
- 1-Knob Compressors - Originally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compression is now a popular feature on an increasing number of compact mixing consoles with good reason. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources with the touch of a single controlâ?"minus the hassle of setting up and configuring complex outboard gear. The MGP features our newly upgraded 1-knob compressors that feature LED indicators allowing you to visually monitor when the compression â??kicks inâ? on each channel.
- Integrated Rack Ears (MGP16X/12X) - With integrated rack ears, the MGP easily meets the demands of both installed and portable applications providing safe, stable protection for your console. Extremely durable, their sleek, attractive design instantly gives you the option of a rack-mounted or desk-top configuration, with hassle-free setup saving you time and effort.
- Internal Universal Power Supply - You can plug in with confidence in any region with 100V-240V power thanks to Yamaha's highly-efficient internal universal power supply. With its multi-voltage design, the MGP ensures worry-free operation in potentially damaging environments with fluctuating power levels. An Internal power supply also simplifies rack mounting of the console at installed applications, with no use for a bulky adapter or additional connections.
- Hybrid Channel - 40 years of experience working with professional mixers has led Yamaha to offer a new way of approaching sound reinforcement in the digital age: the Stereo Hybrid Channel. Beneath the analog-style knobs and encoders of MGP Series mixing consoles lies a sophisticated digital control systemâ?"a fusion that combines traditional analog feel with the functionality that only digital technology can offer. The MGP Series utilizes a powerful, proprietary DSP to provide three essential features that are staples of both installed and live sound applications. In keeping with the theme of analog simplicity found throughout the MGP Series design, each of these functions is readily accessible and available at the touch of a button. Featuring a mid-sweep, three-band EQ for nuanced sound control and high-performance onboard A/D and D/A converters, the Stereo Hybrid Channel offers unique functionality with superior sound.
- Priority Ducker - An invaluable feature for applications that require both public-speaking and background music, Priority Ducker allows a microphone to take priority over another sound source automatically, just by speaking into the mic. Stop talking and the other sound source is brought back to its original level, therefore no console operator is required for this simple yet valuable function. You can even adjust the ducker attenuation of sound source depending on your preferences.
- Leveler - This intelligent compressor â??auto levelsâ? different tracks from a sound source that vary in volume, providing a more pleasurable listening experience. Ideal for small events with un-manned operation of your console, Yamaha's proprietary DSP algorithm allows for extended play time without the worry of fluctuating volume levels distracting your listeners.
- The Stereo Image - The Stereo Image function seamlessly narrows the pan balance of the stereo sound source so that audiences spread over a wide area can enjoy a comfortably blended mix. This is particularly helpful for installed sound applications that requires background music. Using either of the two optimized settingsâ?"MONO and BLENDâ?" Stereo Image ensures that everyone is in the "sweet spot" by providing a more optimally mixed sound to the entire space.
- Dual SPX Digital Effects - MGP Series mixing consoles offer two separate studio-grade effects processors for ultimate enhancement of your sound, with simple intuitive control. Yamaha's high-end REV-X reverb offers three very musical and natural high-resolution reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plateâ?"a first for any Yamaha analog mixer. For more sound-shaping possibilities, Yamaha's renowned SPX digital multi-effect processor provides a useful selection of 16 advanced digital effects with editable parameters. Both processors can be used simultaneously, giving you a vast array of tools to colour your sound.
- Digital Connectivity for Your iPod/iPhone - In response to the growing demand for compatibility with iPod/iPhone, iPod/iPhone integration with the MGP offers much more than simple playback. With a single connection your Apple device is transformed into a flexible controller, giving you more detailed control of your MGP console.
- MGP Editor - MGP Editor is a free software application that gives you additional control of your console's DSP settings via your iPod/iPhone. With a simple and intuitive graphic display, MGP Editor gives you additional, detailed control of your REV-X and SPX effects parameters-as well as Hybrid Channel's Priority Ducker, Leveler and iPod/iPhone's playback settings. With MGP32X and 24X, setting of GEQ and Master comp can be adjusted. Direct playback of iTunes play list is also possible.
- High-Quality Digital Playback - The MGP Series mixers feature a built-in USB port to connect and charge your iPod or iPhone for seamless playback with a single connection. A direct digital connection offers a much higher level of quality with more detail and clarity than typical analog inputs can provide.
Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer Features
- Studio-grade discrete class-A "D-Pre" mic preamps with an Inverted Darlington Circuit
- Musical X-pressive EQ based on Yamaha's famed VCM technology
- Professional 1-knob compressors with LED indicators
- High-grade dual digital effects processors: Advanced REV-X and classic SPX
- Stereo hybrid channels utilizing a powerful, proprietary DSP
- Digital connectivity for iPod/iPhone
- MGP editor for detailed control of the console's DSP settings via iPod/iPhone
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- 6 mic inputs with 48V phantom power and HPF per channel
- 12 line inputs (4 mono and 4 stereo)
- Additional 2TR inputs provided to accept the output from analog devices or iPod/iPhone
- 2 Aux sends + 2 FX sends
- 4 Group Buses + ST Bus
Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer Specifications
- Mixing Capability
- Mixing channels: 12 Line Inputs (4 mono and 4 stereo)
- GROUP: 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- AUX: 2 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- Input channel functions:
- Compressor CH1-4,HPF(100Hz 12dB/oct)
- CH EQ(MONO) Â±15dB(Max.):High 8kHz shelving/ Mid 250Hz-5kHz peaking(CH1-4,9-12)/ Low 125Hz shelving
- CH EQ(STEREO) Â±15dB(Max.):High 8kHz shelving/ Mid 2.5kHz peaking(CH5-8)/ Low 125Hz shelving
- On-board processors:
- FX1:REV-X(8 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- FX2:SPX (16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- Mic inputs: MIC:6 (100Hz 12dB/oct)
- Phantom power: 48V phantom power per channel
- Line inputs: LINE: 4mono+4stereo, CH INSERT IN: 4, RETURN: 1stereo, 2TR IN: 1 stereo
- Digital I/O: USB Audio USB IN: iPod, iPhone exclusive
- General specifications
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% (20Hz-20kHz@ +14dBu)
- Frequency response: +0.5/-1.0dB 20Hz - 20kHz, refer to the nominal output level @1kHz
- Hum & noise level:
- Equivalent input noise: -128 dBu (20Hzâ?"20 kHz, Rs=150Ω, Input Gain = Maximum)
- Residual output noise: -102 dBu (20Hzâ?"20 kHz, Rs=150Ω, Input Gain = Maximum)
- Crosstalk: -74dB @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 100-240V 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 45W max
- 348mm W
- 143mm H
- 495mm D
Yamaha MGP12X 12-Channel Mixer Downloads
- Yamaha MGP12X User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MGP12X Data Sheet (PDF)
- Yamaha MGP12X Dimensions (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review