Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server
The Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server V3 is the is the 3rd Generation SoundGrid Server, featuring the powerful Intel Skylake i7 processor and a new Gigabyte motherboard. The chassis has received a couple of upgrades including a front panel LED for ID'ing in the rack, along with an EtherCon network connector for added security. The Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server is the biggest, baddest server offered by Waves, and is the cornerstone for any Waves eMotion LV1 system, or any studio or live situation where it is critical to not be hampered by a lack of power.
This super-powerful Intel i7-based DSP unit will handle your heaviest mixing sessions, processing up to hundreds of plugins in real time and ultra-low latency.
Used on major tours and in pro studios, the SoundGrid Extreme server will let you run as many Waves and other SoundGrid-compatible plugins as you want, on as many channels as youve got, and give your live shows studio-grade sound. For example, you can throw plugins modeled on the worlds top consoles on each and every channel, and basically make your mixer sound like a classic top-tier desk.
SoundGrid Extreme delivers over 40% more power than SoundGrid Server One just try these numbers on for size: over 500 instances of the Waves SSL E-Channel, CLA-2A or C6 Multiband Compressor plugins, with latency as low as 0.8 milliseconds!
Housed in a rugged rack-mounted 2U chassis, the Extreme server is a massive upgrade to any studio or live mixing system, unleashing your creative mixing powers session after session, night after night.
The Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server processes audio in super-low latency, as low as 0.8 milliseconds, letting you run hundreds of audio plugins in the studio or live.
The Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server is one of the available SoundGrid Servers which act as the number cruncher that process audio in a SoundGrid network. Audio is streamed from an ASIO, Core Audio or SoundGrid audio interface to the server, processed by the server (instead of your computer) in low latency, and streamed back to the audio interface. Audio connections are established using a SoundGrid host application.
Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server Features
- Real-Time Processing Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously
- Low-Latency Monitoring Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency
- Networking Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub and have your audio, processing and Sync Transport streamed on the same Ethernet cable.
- Seamless Integration Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Open Architecture Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Other Features:
- Adds massive processing power to your system
- Ultra-low latency: as low as 0.8 milliseconds at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz
- 8 GB RAM
- CPU: Intel Skylake i7
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150N-GSM
- LAN Card: Intel On-Board
- Minimal fan noise: fan speed auto-adjusts based on CPU temperature
- Rugged Neutrik Ethercon connector
- LED status indicator for easy identification of the server
- 6-month warranty
- Use with any SoundGrid I/O interface (including DiGiGrid I/Os)
- Use with non-SoundGrid I/Os (ASIO/Core Audio) via SoundGrid Connect
Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server Specifications
- Processor: Intel Skylake i7
- Length: 48.3 cm / 19 inches
- Height: 8.9 cm / 3.5 inches
- Depth: 30 cm / 11.8 inches
- Device Weight: 7.6 kg /16.7 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 10.1 kg / 22.4 lbs
Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server Includes
- SGS SoundGrid Extreme Serve
- Included Waves software:
- SoundGrid Studio Application For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer
- eMotion ST Mixer Low-latency monitoring for tracking and rehearsing
- StudioRack For running plugin chains, saving & loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio Driver Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O
- Manual & Literature
- IEC Power Cable
- Cat5E cable
Waves SGS SoundGrid Extreme Server Downloads
- Waves SoundGrid Driver User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Waves SoundGrid Studio User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
By far the best server. Works great at all sample rates. Just keeps up so well. The peace of mind is worth the price
All the power you need to process waves plugins live. Way more than the impact or server one