Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings II Standard Library
Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings II
Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings II Details
This Vienna Instruments Collection is the sequel to Solo Strings I, offering all-new and sonic subtleties. Solo Strings II contains many of the playing techniques that the first Collection includes, but played â??con sordinoâ? (with mutes).
Playing with mutes dampens the transmission of energy from the strings to the body of the instrument and softens or darkens the sound. Muted string instruments lend themselves well to soft, intimate arrangements and solo parts, and provide nuanced variations to any kind of musical style with their different structure of overtones and harmonics. Only wooden mutes crafted by a special instrument maker have been used in order to fit perfectly to the bridge of each instrument.
The Solo Strings II Collection contains articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances like legato, portamento, and trills. Furthermore, additional Performance Legatos with very long notes have been recorded for use in slower parts. Thus, every single pitch and velocity is available in 24 variations, and going the extra mile proved worthwhile!
The four soloists Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Rub©n Dubrovski, and Martin Deuring have invested their life's work and hard-won experience, both from their international concert performances as well as from several years of working for the Vienna Symphonic Library, into this collection. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous â?" their performances at the Silent Stage are technically perfect and come alive again in this Vienna Instrument.
The Solo Strings Full Library contains 46.5 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 31 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library canâ??t be separated due to structural database requirements.
Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings II Features
- Interval Performances: Legato with medium, progressive, and without vibrato, portamento, marcato, spiccato
- Fast Interval Performances: Legato
- Performance Trills
- Repetition Performances: Legato, portato, staccato, spiccato
- Fast Repetitions: 16ths from 150 to 190 BPM
- Short notes: Staccato, short d©tach©, long d©tach©, 4 variations each
- Long notes: Sustains with medium, progressive, and without vibrato
- Dynamics: Medium and strong crescendos & diminuendos with vibrato; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp with vibrato
- Artificial harmonics: Staccato, sustains
Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings II System Requirements
- PC Intel/AMD with Windows XP/VISTA/7 32 and 64 bit versions (Core 2 Duo/Xeon recommended) or
- Apple G4 (G5 or Intel Core 2 Duo/Xeon processor recommended) with Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Fast separate hard drive with 46.5 GB free space for Standard and Extended Library
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device or other eLicenser)
- DVD drive for installation
- VST (OS X, Win XP), AU (Mac) or RTAS (Mac) compatible host - also works stand-alone
- eLicenser License Control Center 184.108.40.20656 or higher (the latest available version from www.eLicenser.net is highly recommended)
- 88 key master keyboard (highly recommended)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review