Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator, access UAD powered plug-ins with Quad-processing power on iMacs and MacBook Pros - plus a custom software bundle that lets you pick any 3 UAD plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator Details
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator combines UAâ??s most powerful FireWire DSP Accelerator with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration. Depending on your plug-in choices, this is a software value of $1,000! In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UAâ??s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers â?" using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears â?" to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment. Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom easily connects to Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros, and Mac minis via FireWire 800 or 400, letting you run large, complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom includes UAâ??s â??Analog Classicsâ? plug-in bundle, and lets users select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more. With support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing with some of the worldâ??s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator Features
- Powerful four-processor external FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis
- Custom software bundle lets users â??pick any 3â? UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes â??Analog Classicsâ? plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core package
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Firewire DSP Accelerator Specifications
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6â? wide x 8â? long x 1â? high (weight: 2 lbs)
- 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
- 1 GB available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Custom Downloads
- UAD System Manual
- UAD Plug-Ins Manual
- Satellite Support Page & FAQ
- List of Compatible Macs
- UAD Instance Chart
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
What can you say? Universal Audio makes the best plugins in the business. Totally worth the high price for the hardware. FrontEndAudio has the best price on the Internet for UA gear. The 1176LN, LA-2A, and Pultec EQ alone are worth the price of admission. Definitely get the Flexi bundle to get the best bang for your buck. I used my $500 voucher to get the Studer A800 tape machine and EMT 140 plate verb plugins.
I have been with UAD since they released their first card! I guess I should have left it to U Audio to come up with a firewire DSP acceleration box that is solid a s rock. I have not experience a single hickup & the install was smooth as well. I am very happy!