Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card, professional, four-processor DSP acceleration, plus a custom software bundle that lets you pick any 3 UAD plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card Details
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card contains Universal Audio"?s second-most powerful PCIe processing card, coupled with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration. Depending on your plug-in choices, this is a software value of over $1,000! In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UA"?s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers "" using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears "" to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment. The UAD-2 Quad Custom features four SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis, giving your Mac or PC an immediate boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 Quad Custom includes UA"?s "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and it lets users select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more. Fully Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 QUAD Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world"?s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card Features
- Powerful four-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) for UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC
- Custom software bundle lets users "pick any 3" UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 QUAD Core package
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card Specifications
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- Full-height, short PCIe card
- 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate Edition
- (Mac) OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Card Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am very impressed with the quality of the plugins and easy integration of the card into my system. The NEVE plugins are outstanding. The Precision series is nice, especially the Multiband; very easy to use.
The 1176SE that comes with the card is great and the Pultec is unique.
The card has been rock-solid in my system and the authorization process is easier than many other plugin companies.
1) The Pro-Verb is not 'all that'; it does not hold up to other top line reverb offerings.
2) The card does not sit right in my computer case. Apparently other people have had this problem. I think the metal strip is not properly mounted to the card. I hope UAD takes a look at this stage of their manufacturing.
Overall the UAD-2 is a serious choice for any DAW user who wants to take their mix to the next level. It has increased my workflow considerably while providing some of the best plugins I have ever heard.