Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core is a robust 16-channel MADI effects processor that allows live sound engineers to craft studio-quality mixes using Realtime UAD Processing and industry-leading UAD plug-ins - right out of the box.
Built to withstand the rigors of live sound, users can chain up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units for up to 64 channels of MADI signal processing.
- Mix studio-quality live sound with included UAD plug‑ins like genuine Teletronix® LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, and more
- Use the Live Rack App for effects tweaking, saving, and recall — complete with drag and drop, copy and paste, plug-in zoom, channel strip presets, and more
- Connect up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units for 64 channels of MADI signal processing
- Mix faster with MIDI snapshot recall and seamless integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
With its Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing, UAD-2 Live Rack lets engineers shape their live mixes with the world’s best analog emulations, courtesy of Universal Audio’s acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins library. Plus, existing UAD plug-in users can readily use all their licensed UAD plug-ins with UAD-2 Live Rack.
Select from Core and Ultimate Software Packages
UAD-2 Live Rack Core includes a generous suite of UAD plug-ins right out of the box, featuring Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more. UAD-2 Live Rack Ultimate offers 90 UAD plug-ins, with titles from SSL, Studer, Neve, Manley, Lexicon, API, Moog, and more.
Live Rack Application
With the Live Rack application, front-of-house engineers can take advantage of intuitive features such as drag and drop, copy and paste, keyboard navigation, plug-in zoom, and the ability to store and recall channel strip presets and/or complete setup configuration Snapshots. Designed for seamless operation in a live setting, the Live Rack app features large text and GUI elements making it easy to quickly tweak parameters. The Live Rack app also features MIDI snapshot recall capabilities as well as networked software integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles.
UAD-2 Live Rack includes professional, fail-safe features for reliable live sound use. Redundant internal power supplies ensure that UAD-2 Live Rack will continue to process audio if one power supply fails. If the Live Rack application or computer fails, or its Thunderbolt cable is disconnected, UAD-2 Live Rack will still process audio with the last known plug-in state intact. And with the Live Rack app in Safe mode, destructive setting changes are prevented during a live show.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core Features
- 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing w/ Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
- Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound
- Includes a suite of UAD plug-ins including Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts*
- Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
- Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
- Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE function
- Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)
Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core System Requirements
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt 3 port
- MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra
- Thunderbolt 3 cable for each UAD-2 Live Rack unit
- (2) single MADI Optical SC cables or (1) Duplex MADI Optical SC cable for each UAD-2 Live Rack unit
- MADI optical SC signal source & return (e.g., digital mixing console)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Six gigabytes available storage
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review