Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface is a ground-up redesign of the worlds most popular professional desktop recording interface delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features available onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, Unison technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion youve heard on hundreds of hit records.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface improves upon the original Apollo Twins gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkIIs Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the worlds most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps including Neve, API, Manley, and UA complete with their signature impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkIIs unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkIIs front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the Realtime Analog Classics suite of UAD plug-ins the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard. Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Available with UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, and SOLO Core Processing
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in horsepower for running the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkIIs scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Specifications
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, or 10.12 Sierra
- PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
- Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter (sold separately)
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Includes
- Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface
- Power Supply
- Software/Driver Disc
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
What can I say that everyone doesn't know already? This beast is any serious producer or sound engineer's MUST HAVE. I have used and tested many Audio Interfaces over the past 15 years. From Digi 002 to the Apogee products. Some did come close but none outdid this one.
9 out of 10 (serious) producers that I have met use the Apollo Quad. I revisited many of my old tracks after buying the Apollo and those songs that were in the vault came to life and have been submitted to my record company. Try it and you'll thank me later. Perfect for Mixing and Mastering.