Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin MkII starts with two Unison-enabled mic preamps and stellar next-generation A/D and D/A conversion derived from UA’s flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16. Together with its included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins — which you can track through in real time with UAD-2 SOLO, DUO or QUAD Core processing — Apollo Twin MkII is born to make records.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Mix with UAD plug‑ins like the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Preamp
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley and more using Unison technology
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, SSL, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin MkII features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware. The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged. From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin MkII lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU. With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,* it’s like having an endless analog studio, right on your desktop. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record landmark albums by Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), Chris Stapleton (From A Room: Volume 1), Arcade Fire (Everything Now), Post Malone (Beerbongs & Bentleys), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music, and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious 2016 TEC Award for computer audio hardware.
Improved Monitoring and Built‑In Talkback Mic
The new Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Build a Networked Studio
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Twin MkII makes the perfect intelligent desktop controller for a full Apollo system.
Now with Vintage Amps
Apollo Twin MkII also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier.
A Sleek, Low-latency App
With Apollo Twin MkII's Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface Includes
- Apollo Twin MKII QUAD Audio Interface
- Power Supply
- Software/Driver Disc
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
What can I say that everyone doesn't know already? This beast is any serious producer or sound engineer's MUST HAVE. I have used and tested many Audio Interfaces over the past 15 years. From Digi 002 to the Apogee products. Some did come close but none outdid this one.
9 out of 10 (serious) producers that I have met use the Apollo Quad. I revisited many of my old tracks after buying the Apollo and those songs that were in the vault came to life and have been submitted to my record company. Try it and you'll thank me later. Perfect for Mixing and Mastering.