Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Audio Interface
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been opened. It is likely that we opened the item to show to a customer or to demo in our in-house studio. Regardless, our open box items are just like new and you will be hard pressed to tell that the unit was even opened. These products come with a full manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. So if you don't mind an occasional fingerprint or a second layer of tape on the box, then you can grab a great deal today!
The Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Audio Interface is one of the world's most popular professional audio interfaces - delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording to Windows PC and Mac users everywhere. Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo FireWire distinguishes itself with onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins — which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio — without taxing your host Mac or PC.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Produce music with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Use alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and UAD-2 Satellite FireWire for truly scalable mixing power
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and more
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo FireWire features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware. The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo FireWire provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classic plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged. From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU. With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,† it’s like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record landmark albums by Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), Chris Stapleton (From A Room: Volume 1), Arcade Fire (Everything Now), Post Malone (Beerbongs & Bentleys), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music, and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious 2016 TEC Award for computer audio hardware.
Connect Two Apollos Over FireWire
Now you can seamlessly combine two Apollo FireWire or two Apollo 16 FireWire units together for additional I/O and DSP as your studio grows, enabling you to tackle larger projects.
A Sleek, Low-latency App
With Apollo’s Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Audio Interface Features
- 18 x 24 FireWire audio interface for Mac and Windows
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio
- Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Two FireWire 800 ports for daisy-chaining other FireWire devices
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Audio Interface Includes
- Apollo Firewire Audio Interface w/ QUAD Processing
- External Power Supply
- 6 FireWire 800 cable
- IEC AC Power Cable
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- One Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Best rackmount a/d and interface